News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

component values

Started by druz15, August 07, 2011, 04:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

druz15

there are several component values I can't get from effectsconnection and don't want to have to make another online order with someone else (already dropped $100 at smallbear for enclosures) so in the chance that I can't get them at the local electronics store would these replacement values be ok?
620k instead of 680k (could always wire in a 47k series to bring it closer)
220pf as opposed to 200pf
3n3 instead of 3n
39n instead of 33n
56n instead of 50n

also can't find anything close to 2.2uf or 220uf either
cheers in advance

gtr2

Um...what are you building...  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

druz15

Quote from: gtr2 on August 07, 2011, 10:50:53 AM
Um...what are you building...  ;D

Josh
ughh this is for a huge order for 4 different builds hang on I'll check
cheers Cdog

druz15

man the minimum orders for RS are rediculous, I have to buy 100 680k resistors for $9 when I only need two, I'll be checking Jaycar

okay so
200pf
3n
33n
50n
2.2uf all needed for Grapevine

680k and 220uf for Retrograde

also doing a Fulldrive and Serendipity but can source all of the parts for them

nzCdog

The RS site takes a bit of getting used to, huge amount of options... here's some links

Resistor,metal film,0.6w,1%,50ppm/degC,680k 10 @ 6c ea
http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0149183

Couldn't find a reasonable 200pF Cap... could put 2x100pF in parallel to get that value? Jaycar:
http://jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=RC5324&keywords=100pF&form=KEYWORD

Capacitor,metallised polyester,5mm,5%,100V,0.033uF 10 @ 10c ea
http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=3121504

2u2 (Electrolytic I'm guessin)  5 @ 40c ea
http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=5478515

Should be free shipping from RS too

bigmufffuzzwizz

Tayda probably has the original values you wanted. Their shipping would be a dollar for the amount you want and the resistors are something like 1 or 2 cents. I always recieve my shipments from them in 1-2 weeks max even though they ship overseas.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

druz15

wow tayda has a great range and good prices. Would 50pf be okay instead of 51pf? And 56n rather than 50n?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: druz15 on August 08, 2011, 04:29:46 AM
wow tayda has a great range and good prices. Would 50pf be okay instead of 51pf? And 56n rather than 50n?

Yes of course those will work fine. I personally love tayda and they keep adding more and more stuff. If you add them on facebook you can make suggestions and they have been adding stuff people ask for.

druz15

wicked thank god I checked Tayda first buying all the resistors and caps from there is gonna save me a heap. I had no idea they were so cheap, I usually just order from wherever has specific parts I need (like IF I'm getting a particular enclosure or getting the cheap 3PDTs from FXConnection)

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'd advise you to check the rest of the site. I just spend 100 dollars there and got something like 1200 parts!! They have great prices on a lot of stuff, and yes some of it is cheap. Truthfully a lot of it doesn't matter though. Scourer the site dude! $20 spent you'll leave happy.

druz15

wow $44 all up for all the parts needed for 4 builds ( excluding enclosures & LEDs which I got from smallbear, PCBS, and knobs which I have yet to get for 3 of them) would have cost me $100 for the same stuff, Tayda fan fo' lyf!!!  :D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Futurlec is very similar, they have lots of great stuff at low prices. They did increase a bit recently but its still incredibly low. I manage to get most of what I need from these two companies, and yes enclosures from mammoth electronics. I know SmallBear is a great company and I'm not trying to put them down in any way cause they really opened the path for alot of what's happening. DIY to me means saving... :)

druz15

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on August 08, 2011, 06:50:21 PM
Futurlec is very similar, they have lots of great stuff at low prices. They did increase a bit recently but its still incredibly low. I manage to get most of what I need from these two companies, and yes enclosures from mammoth electronics. I know SmallBear is a great company and I'm not trying to put them down in any way cause they really opened the path for alot of what's happening. DIY to me means saving... :)
yeah Smallbear is a little pricier but I like them and I had to get LED bezels from them (accidentally got 8mm instead of 5, so figured I'd use them anyway) so figured If I'm gonna pay to ship over a handful of tiny parts, may as well grab some enclosures while I'm at it, they seem to have a great range of enclosures