News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Oscilloscope Day!

Started by jubal81, October 20, 2016, 06:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Finally bit the bullet and got a 4-channel scope - Rigol DS1054DZ. Lots of praise for a lower-end scope.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

Want!

Wouldn't know where to start....

But still want...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

EBRAddict

Sweet. That's a well-regarded unit. Are you going to put the hacks on it? Not that you'd need the higher speeds for pedal building.

nzCdog

gtr2

Cool!
I have a rigol 2 channel, its a great scope for the price.  My only issue is the menu navigation is not user intuitive  :-\
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Leevibe

Quote from: juansolo on October 20, 2016, 07:00:32 PM
Want!

Wouldn't know where to start....

But still want...

Yeah, I'd be lost too. I just picked up a little hobbyist scope from Bean and I don't even know how to use that little guy yet. This one looks like serious business.

EBRAddict

There should be plenty of YouTube videos to show you. Once you get used to it you'll wonder how you ever made do without one.

selfdestroyer

Awesome! Looks like your building up your bench.

Cody

jubal81

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 22, 2016, 04:37:26 AM
Awesome! Looks like your building up your bench.

Cody

I can't take credit for the fresh flowers ...

Getting a bit acquainted. Having multiple channels is very nice. Managed to take a look at two different points of an LFO project I'm tinkering with. Yellow line is from the depth pot and the blue line is what's on the pin. Very nice to be able to just see the amplitude and frequency of each displayed right on the screen.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

Quote from: EBRAddict on October 20, 2016, 07:13:21 PM
Sweet. That's a well-regarded unit. Are you going to put the hacks on it? Not that you'd need the higher speeds for pedal building.

I'm sure I will. Need to look that up. Gonna take me a while to get a handle on all the features.
- David Fair

alanp

Quote from: EBRAddict on October 22, 2016, 01:11:22 AM
There should be plenty of YouTube videos to show you. Once you get used to it you'll wonder how you ever made do without one.

++++1

After using one for troubleshooting anything with a LFO or clock signal, you'll curse the years you spent poking around with just a multimeter.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stecykmi

ya having a scope around is a huge deal, you can see and learn so much

jubal81

Function generator showed up yesterday. woot. Playing with 1K sine wave and some diodes and I can see why I love the 385Bz. It's the yellow trace. The two blues are Germanium and Si.

- David Fair

nzCdog

Nice!  You're making me want to play with my scope, I almost never use it.
Can you do screenshots to USB?  Having 4 channels is pretty cool

jubal81

Quote from: nzCdog on October 26, 2016, 10:36:05 PM
Nice!  You're making me want to play with my scope, I almost never use it.
Can you do screenshots to USB?  Having 4 channels is pretty cool

It's got USB connection, but I haven't plugged it in yet.
- David Fair