News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yo, Madbean! What you think about an etching tutorial?

Started by maysink, June 30, 2010, 05:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maysink

I know, I know--pooping where you eat. But you're obviously skilled in the art so what are your thoughts on a step-by-step with parts/chemicals needed?

At the very least, we'll gain an appreciation for all the tedious drilling you do (in your new TN shop!)...
[nothing to see here]
-e

madbean

Yep, that's going to happen. It will cover the whole process and alternative methods. I'm shooting for late summer. Going to buy an HD camcorder for the upcoming tutorials, too.

maysink

Very cool. I look forward to Prof. Madbean's course on etching enlightenment!
[nothing to see here]
-e

irmcdermott

Quote from: maysink on July 02, 2010, 01:58:21 AM
Very cool. I look forward to Prof. Madbean's course on etching enlightenment!

Me too! I don't know what is going on, but I switched over to the Muriatic Acid and Hydrogen Peroxide method and the first time i used it. Awesome results!!! the next batch i mixed, and every one after that, not so much. not sure if it's my transfers or what. I have to do my etching outside on our deck and it's been a humid, hot passed few days in TN. Does anyone know if heat can affect this method? Is room temperature ideal?

Ian

madbean

I regularly etched in my 100 degree non-air-conditioned washroom for a long time! I don't think that's the problem. Try different formulas. I like 1:1, but 1:2 (peroxide/acid) should also work really well.

joel98z

madbean

Between 3 weeks and 3 months  :'(

It will happen....down to the exact process I use for the PCBs.

rsfilms

k.rock!

This is an old thread, but I really think it needs to be re-opened.

Brian, I know you're probably super busy to sit down and come up with a full-on tutorial (which would be kick-ass if you could btw)...But if someone can maybe share with us a few links to get started with this, it would be ENORMOUSLY beneficial for all of us...

Honestly, I would prefer to see a tutorial here in 'Beanland cause frankly, I just love being here :D

So yeah, to quote the original post "Yo, MadBean! What you think about an etching tutorial?" haha

Thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

madbean

There is a full tutorial already done and ready to release. Ian wrote it and it looks terrific! I will be putting it up on the website rather than the actual forum. I'm just waiting for things to clear out so I can give it some attention.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: madbean on June 08, 2011, 04:29:54 PM
There is a full tutorial already done and ready to release. Ian wrote it and it looks terrific! I will be putting it up on the website rather than the actual forum. I'm just waiting for things to clear out so I can give it some attention.

Does this mean the much anticipated learn section is making its' debut?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

k.rock!

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 08, 2011, 04:40:53 PM

Does this mean the much anticipated learn section is making its' debut?

Oh boy I'm excited! Thanks!

And thank you Jimmy for the link as well...it looks very helpful! :D

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

cjkbug

you mean things are really gonna "clear out"?
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Myramyd

I'm looking forward to this as well.

Although I will say that the thought of drilling 500 tiny holes just right doesn't sound as fun as acid-bathing something.

J