News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Auto wah build - Ducky von Quackenstein

Started by mjg, September 26, 2016, 11:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

One I finished recently - kind of a mix between the Dr. Quack and the Nurse Quacky.  I breadboarded the Nurse Quacky first, then added some of the bits back in from the Dr. Quack, such as the normal/bass switch, and used a TL071 for an input buffer.  Yellow LEDs of course, to go with the duck theme.

Knobs are decapitated bath toys.  I think it cost me $1 to get 10 of them.  My kid was a bit distressed when I cut the head of three of them, he has 'saved' the other seven from my evil scissors.  He still enjoys the pedal though.  :)

Short video demo - http://graybloomfield.com/guitar/2016/09/04/ducky-von-quackenstein/ducky/

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Leevibe

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

neandrewthal

lincolnic

Duck knobs.

Duck. Knobs.

Duck knobs.

That is all.

Coda-effects

Haha! You guys are awesome  ;D
I had a good laugh

Aleph Null

The knobs are first class! How did you fix them to the pots?

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Droogie

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

mjg

Quote from: Aleph Null on September 30, 2016, 09:29:59 PM
The knobs are first class! How did you fix them to the pots?

I used cheap plastic knobs underneath the duck heads - they fit right on.  Then super glue to make them rotate together. 

I had to make sure the knobs underneath weren't a dark colour though, as that showed through the yellow duck head and it looked like they were horribly bruised decapitated duck heads.  Couldn't have that.   Don't want your decapitated duck heads looking fowl.   :D