News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Glue gun on PCB

Started by jonnygreentrees, September 20, 2016, 07:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnygreentrees

I've just finished a Mutron Phasor build, is putting hot glue from a glue gun on the solder side of the board an option in order to stop it touching the enclosure?

dbp512

I've tried it on vero, but I found it doesn't stick too well (neither to copper/solder board nor the aluminum enclosure). It could still work as a barrier, although I found using foam tape a more preferable option (it sticks slightly better). Another promising option are adhesive standoffs/pcb holders, but I'm too cheap to get them yet.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

daleykd

I've used hot glue, double-sided foam tape, and sometimes, just a few layers of electrical tape.  They all work.  (I had no issues wit hot glue, personally.)

jimilee

I've used hot glue no issues, if you use enough, it will stick to anything, electrical tape, foam tape, blue painters tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Blu-tack!

Blu-tack!

Chromesphere even did a video on how useful blu-tack is!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website