News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DSOTM Fuzz w/ S2L

Started by Clark GriswoId, September 17, 2016, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clark GriswoId

Guitar PCB DSOTM Fuzz w/ Sound2light daughter board.

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Dooood that is on par. I used to do things like this to computers. I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Awesome idea, and great execution!

Does the sound2light board make things change colors as you play?

Clark GriswoId

No, it only swells the LEDs you use with it. Im going to remove the optional CAP as it keep the s2l always on (i think, unless i am missing a ground) Also going add another 2/3 LEDs to the upper portion of the pedal.

Thanks!

beneharris

Quote from: Clark GriswoId on September 17, 2016, 01:55:50 PM
No, it only swells the LEDs you use with it. Im going to remove the optional CAP as it keep the s2l always on (i think, unless i am missing a ground) Also going add another 2/3 LEDs to the upper portion of the pedal.

Thanks!

The build doc says adding the cap makes it more sensitive. If I have a guitar with a tone control hooked up, and I have the S2L hooked up to the input, I can make it come on just by turning the tone control. I haven't found a way to make it actually completely off, and come on the way I want. It isn't sensitive enough without the cap to get really bright at lower volumes.

Awesome build!