News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Triple wreck for 1590a in SMD; need some extra eyes

Started by Rootz, August 28, 2016, 07:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rootz

Hi there,

I used this sunday to watch Formula 1 in Spa and do a nice 'puzzle'. Formula 1 was a bit disappointing for the Dutch, but my puzzle came out great. I think.

The puzzle was to miniaturise a Triple Wreck to 1590a format. Is it OCD or a fetish to want that ? :P I had a look at some f the Mooer mini pedals and their guts. Board mounted pots and jacks, all SMD, switch and a board with a connector. With 5 pots, a switch and 3 opamps the TW was a nice challenge. I also like the TW a lot, so it's not just 'spielerei'. I want to build it.

Because it takes a couple of weeks to get the boards from Oshpark, I don't want to make mistakes. I need some extra eyes to help me spot possible mistakes. If the design is correct I will build and publish it (in that order, to verify it).

The Eagle files are leading. The Sketchup renders are just for reference and have got some obvious mistakes (no round corners, stereo instead of mono jacks, etc.).

I need help for:
- some extra eyes for the mistakes I missed;
- does grounding and signal flow look good? Getting good grounding was hard, especially at the DC entrance on the board;
- OSHpark options. I'd like plated slots for the switches, jacks and pots. It's not officially supported at OSHpark, but it can be done, even at them.

Anyway, enough talking. Time for some documents (and hopefully soon pictures of a finished build).

Rootz

This should be deleted; attachments not working. See other topic.