News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda to offer laser engraving? (amongst other services)

Started by electrosonic, August 24, 2016, 07:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrosonic

Just noticed this placeholder on their website.

Andrew.

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dbp512

They had a 125B and 1590B for $3.99 for a buffered (not polished) finish up for a bit over the weekend. Looks like they're still working out the kinks, but I look forward to seeing these enclosures.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

BuGG

Just got these prototypes in today, I am very happy with the quality of the engraving.   

The engraving service should be up and running soon, I'll post an update as soon as I know the final word about pricing/minimum order requirements.

They've also got a new powdercoat setup and will be offering UV printing in the very near future as well.    :)

Jules

brucer

Quote from: BuGG on August 25, 2016, 03:54:35 AM
Just got these prototypes in today, I am very happy with the quality of the engraving.   

The engraving service should be up and running soon, I'll post an update as soon as I know the final word about pricing/minimum order requirements.

They've also got a new powdercoat setup and will be offering UV printing in the very near future as well.    :)

Sorry for the newbie question, but were those enclosures engraved and fill-painted with white or were they engraved to reveal the white underneath?  Fantastic results either way.  Are they really Tayda protos (or did I misread)?

BuGG

Yep, they're all from Tayda.       There's no fill painting, what you're seeing on the black enclosures is the raw aluminum underneath the black powdercoat.

On the white enclosure I believe it was engraved with fewer passes (or lower power?) so the white powdercoat is "burned" rather than completely removed.

playpunk

Wow! Totally worth it, if the cost is even semi reasonable

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

HamSandwich

Yikes, I bet PPP is none too happy! Unless Tayda does it stateside?

m-Kresol

well that looks very good. how's the general quality of the powder coat?

EDIT: also, which data format do they use for engraving? I assume it has to be vector graphics at least?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Adam_DIY

They look really excellent definitely keeping an eye on this.

beneharris

Wow, that is killer. Can you let us know what they go for engraved like that?

Jebus

Thats really cool! Hopefully they will offer this for larger enclosures as well.

PhiloB

Wow, that is sharp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk