News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard hidden fuzz setting... (happy accident?)

Started by k.rock!, July 29, 2011, 04:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Ok,

So this is the same boneyard I opened another tech help post but for a different issue (with the boost switch) but that got fixed by removing one wire (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2267.0).

I was playing around with it last night, sounds and works perfectly. I'm on high gain mode and decide to see the range, so I turn the knob all the way down and I see that it cleans up pretty well. Then I switch to Crunch mode and I get this nasty fuzz type sound (which it doesn't sound too bad I should say). So I noticed that (On crunch mode) if I turn the High Gain knob past ~15% it stops doing that fuzz tone and goes back to the normal Crunch sound I'm using... ???

So I popped the lid off and I recreated the issue again. Had both know half way. Played on crunch mode while I turn down the High Gain and when I get on the first 15% area, I see the first red LED (the far left looking at the board component side up) light up bright and steady. When I play all three light up very bright as it seems I'm feeding them with a lot of voltage. As soon as I turn the High Gain back up, the brightness drops and I have normal behavior again...

It sounds like a happy accident which I wouldn't mind that much if the pedal was mine, but it's not, so what ideas come to mind guys?

Thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

stecykmi

I've not built this pedal, but that sounds weird... try measuring DC voltage on both sides of the LED to see if there's anything there. if there is, you may have some sort of mis-wiring going on.