News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall

Started by Stomptown, July 25, 2016, 06:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Stomptown

Quote from: Martan on July 26, 2016, 12:54:01 AM
It really is a great sounding pedal! What size enclosure is that?

It's sold as a Hammond 1590J but I've bought two now the markings inside the enclosure indicate they are actually rebranded old stock Eddystone enclosures.  The only negative is they are extremely deep at 1.77".  I cut the first one I used into a wedge which was a major PITA.  This time I decided to deal with The extra height!

bcalla

Can't stop staring at that etch!  Beautiful.

m-Kresol

Quote from: czapa tranzystor 2 on July 25, 2016, 11:47:29 PM
Yes
Proto Board is wery interesting,and uncertainty as lack modulation,unknown,maybe trim pot or not good MN300X
What to use Power supply? i,me use diy power,is quiet.
Wery big enclosure,great idea Look professionally. Total Recall that very good project.
Recommended  good chip MN and appropriate power supply.This  the best project in history this forum.

For BBD chips go with www.diyguitarpedals.au Paul has the new XVive chips and had/has tested MN3008. For the power supply, I use the recommended one without problems:

http://www.banzaimusic.com/EH-24V-DC-EU-100mA.html
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

raulduke

The builds on this forum just get more and more impressive.

This is awesome work dude!

Timko

As someone who likes to come up with unique etches myself, my hats off to you on this design.  Using the schematic in the background is genius, and I may lift it for something in the future :).

287m

Wow, wow, really wow!!!
awesome  :o

*Loris Capirossi style when watch Isle Man TT*

nmbb

Awesome enclosure work. Nice, very nice!

mrclean77

That really looks stellar! Both inside and out are so clean, to the point of looking cold/sterile - and I totally dig that, just to clear that up, but those are the words that popped in my head --- I'm sure the sound would even that out haha. I am also mesmerized by that etch.

Dminner

That could be the most beautiful pedal I have ever seen.  I love everything about it.

pogart

This looks better than a good chunk of the retail market pedals out there. SO well thought out and executed. Wicked cool!,

Leevibe

Jon, this is so perfect. Just so perfect. You are the man. I love that you did ET on this one. I bet it will look killer under stage lights.

Stomptown

Quote from: Leevibe on August 06, 2016, 03:59:27 PM
Jon, this is so perfect. Just so perfect. You are the man. I love that you did ET on this one. I bet it will look killer under stage lights.

Thanks Lee.  I sat on this populated PCB for about three months waiting for inspiration on the graphics and scrapped 4-5 graphic designs before coming up with this.  Im not very good with words on forums but all the positive comments from all you guys mean a lot.

darrenw6000

What were your trimmer positions please?

Stomptown

Quote from: darrenw6000 on August 06, 2016, 06:57:41 PM
What were your trimmer positions please?

If you look at the photos you can see where they are set.  Most are pretty close to the indent in the middle of the trimmers I used (most trimmers don't have the indent) but unfortunately biasing yours is not as simple as setting your trimmers like mine.  You will have to use an audio probe and follow the guidance in the build doc. Mine biased up pretty easy using that method.  If you haven't tried that yet I would suggest that over copying my settings. If you already tried with an audio probe and it didn't work maybe start a troubleshooting thread (if you haven't already).  Good luck!