The Faces: Live at The BBC 1971. I've searched 3 years now for a pedal.........

Started by switched on, July 25, 2016, 10:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my7of9

Can I get an "heck yah" for my two young ones 13 and 14 doing a nice segment of Pink Floyd in the video posted earlier in the thread?
Considering what most average kids love to do these days, as well as the music scene I think that deserves a proper "Atta  Kids".   ;)
I will be sure to share with them....

Well since I am on a new page now, here it is again for viewing ease:

matmosphere

That is great, especially considering their ages. I watched it for a second early and thought your daughter was playing to the record, didn't see the drums going in the background.

switched on

Quote from: my7of9 on July 25, 2016, 04:57:08 PM
Responded from my site. Might want to check Junk mail?

i got ziltch, nada, zip.  gmail, gpcb, and here.  your daughter plays, lucky.....

switched on

Quote from: thesmokingman on July 25, 2016, 05:20:15 PM
if you can squeeze a silverface champ into a pedal that's what you'll be looking for. doesn't take long to spot that in the video ... the cost of that jhs pedal would have had you most of the way to buying one. drawback is you play dimed.

Pretty sure that's a NR Princeton.  There is The Silver Bee, it sounds like a Silverface, but nothing like this.  Thanks for chiming in ;)

switched on

Quote from: my7of9 on July 25, 2016, 07:27:40 PM
Can I get an "heck yah" for my two young ones 13 and 14 doing a nice segment of Pink Floyd in the video posted earlier in the thread?
Considering what most average kids love to do these days, as well as the music scene I think that deserves a proper "Atta  Kids".   ;)

heck yeah.

thesmokingman

thankfully I can count knobs and that's a champ ... silverface nonreverb Princeton still has tremolo for a total of 5 knobs. that amp clearly has three.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

BrianS

Barry I always enjoy listening to your demos as well as Pages.  I think your playing is excellent as well as hers. 

my7of9

Quote from: Matmosphere on July 25, 2016, 07:44:57 PM
That is great, especially considering their ages. I watched it for a second early and thought your daughter was playing to the record, didn't see the drums going in the background.

That was an excellent compliment ("you thought she was playing to a record") so thanks on behalf of the kids!
My son now turning 15 in 1 month is like Dad can I actually get in the videos now? LOL...

Off topic (sorry) but my daughter recently discovered Randy Rhoads.
This was on her 16th Birthday:

Yes I accidentally reversed the video but that is not the point.   ;)

I am done showing off my kids and stepping off the soapbox. Thanks!

jimilee

Nice. That's one of my favorite pieces and she can play it much better than I ever could. What talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Can attest to the physical impact hand-making large quantities of PCBs has on the body. I used a mask most all the time and still had some issues with dust, etc. The biggest impact for me was actually drilling...it does a serious number on the body when you drill boards many, many hours of the week. I remember clearly at the time I decided to go to manufactured boards I thought - I wonder how much longer until Barry does the same - because I could tell it was deteriorating my own health.

Glad to see you around here Barry, and I'm very sorry to hear about your health concerns. I hope that will turn around on you. The body can heal itself pretty well when given the chance so I hope that comes to pass for you as well.

switched on

Quote from: madbean on July 25, 2016, 10:40:27 PM
Can attest to the physical impact hand-making large quantities of PCBs has on the body. I used a mask most all the time and still had some issues with dust, etc. The biggest impact for me was actually drilling...it does a serious number on the body when you drill boards many, many hours of the week. I remember clearly at the time I decided to go to manufactured boards I thought - I wonder how much longer until Barry does the same - because I could tell it was deteriorating my own health.

Glad to see you around here Barry, and I'm very sorry to hear about your health concerns. I hope that will turn around on you. The body can heal itself pretty well when given the chance so I hope that comes to pass for you as well.

this seems to be your 6666th post.  just pointing that out. :o

drolo

Not sure it had been suggested already in the other thread you had but I find that the Colorsound Overdriver gets pretty close to what I hear on that recording, especially going into a slightly overdriven amp (or slightly overdriven overdrive)

BTW I have always loved that performance. Ronnie Lane's singing at beginning in particular always gives me the shivers ...

switched on

Quote from: drolo on July 26, 2016, 09:12:04 AM
Not sure it had been suggested already in the other thread you had but I find that the Colorsound Overdriver gets pretty close to what I hear on that recording, especially going into a slightly overdriven amp (or slightly overdriven overdrive)

BTW I have always loved that performance. Ronnie Lane's singing at beginning in particular always gives me the shivers ...

Thanks.

Yeah, the overdriver has been suggested much in the past.  Here's the scoop on my current situation.  I've moved way out in the sticks where I couldnt even buy a new DS1 without driving possibly 2 1/2 hours.  So when I search for an overdriver on youtube and theres this compressed overdriver video with a guy playing leads on a strat with the pedal cranked (hypothetical) I'm not really hearing the vibe.

There has to be something there though with this suggestion popping up so frequently.

my7of9

Quote from: madbean on July 25, 2016, 10:40:27 PM

Thanks Brian and I truly appreciate the empathy. It took me 2 years and a lot of doctors to have this properly diagnosed.
Right now the only treatment is pain medication and I have opted for a healthy eating regime in hopes the body will heal itself.

It is nice to know that someone has had a similar experience. I feel very alone sometimes with all this pain.

Thanks,
Barry

mattc

Quote from: my7of9 on July 25, 2016, 07:27:40 PM

Heck yah. 

I can't wait for mine to be old enough to play. The five year old says he wants to learn, so maybe when he turns six he'll get a 3/4 size guitar.