News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

RIP Ray Wilson

Started by mcasemo, July 24, 2016, 05:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

Looks like Ray Wilson has died.  Sorry to be the guy to post it, just saw the news and didn't see it here, i know there are many synth enthusiasts here.

I recently started into the synth stuff, so have spent a lot of time on his site reading his awesome write-ups of how each module/project works.  Made the subcommander, and emailed him a few times and got responses within the hour, hand drawn redlines on the schematic for mods.  Such an inspiration. 

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/07/23/ray-wilson-of-music-from-outer-space-has-died/

electrosonic

Sad news - he contributed so much to the DIY community.

Andrew.

alanp

:(

Like Craig Anderton, I feel that he inspired a lot of people to have a go and get stuck in.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stecykmi

:(

i was fearing the worst once i noticed they were not posting updates on his status on the homepage

rip

neandrewthal

I would not be here without him.

davent

Sad, never built any of his stuff but always enjoyed watching his demos.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

stringsthings

RIP Ray.   You left a lasting impression on a lot of us.  And many of us will continue to make happy noises
thru our Music From Outer Space circuits.
All You Need Is Love