News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deathklaw feedback not going to infinity?

Started by okeephoss, July 23, 2016, 06:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeephoss

Am I missing something.  I used BC 549 instead of the BC550's.. the pinouts are same based on my googling.

madbean

Using BC549 should be okay but doesn't affect the feedback. Do you get oscillation if you turn the control all the way up? If not, you might need to lower R24 to 12k.

okeephoss

i guess theres a slight oscillation... replaced the resistor... still most repeats i can get is about 6-7?? 

okeephoss

I replaced the pot, reflowed all joints.  Maybe a bad IC?... though the ghost switch is working so i assume they're both good?  Lost over here.  I'll stick w my MXR for now. 

madbean

From your earlier post - do the repeats die out completely after 6 or 7? If so, you actually may have a wrong resistor value somewhere in the build, esp. around the PT2399. A clear pic of the top of your PCB would help determine that.

okeephoss

yes they die out completely... I socketed R24 and tried some different values there. no change.  thanks for the reply MB

okeephoss

finally got around to looking this over and found out that they sent me a bunch of 20K resistors instead of the 10K's...
right?  red, black, black, red, brown, is 20K... SMH...

okeephoss

has this happened to anybody??? surprised it was from Smallbear, they seem to always send the right thing... guess I'll be checking all values before installing in the future.