News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by pickdropper, July 22, 2016, 12:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

New Partscaster Guitar Day!

For various reasons, I've grown to really like partscaster builds.  I had decided earlier this year that I wanted to put together a vintage style tele build.  So, of course, I ended up with this, which has:

- Tummy Cut
- Arm Contour
- Newer tele bridge
- Sperzel tuners
- 3 Active EMG pickups
- Scraped wood faux binding

OK, so it pretty much fails all of the vintage style rules, but it's a great playing and sounding guitar.  A friend of mine put this together years ago and I was a step too slow when my friend Ron (who is the FFX demo guy and was the one who put the EMGs in it).  I had an opportunity to finally get it, so I snapped it up.

It's a USACG neck and a Warmoth body.  There's a nice figure to the neck which I like, and I love the color of the body; it looks like a set of dinnerware my grandmother had when I was growing up.  ;-)

This is my only guitar with EMGs and they actually sound quite good, albeit not what I would call traditional tele.  I'm going to play them for a while and see what happens, but I could see myself putting something more traditional in there.  Of course, I have other teles that do that, so maybe I'll just leave them.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Nice! Love the colour.

All is fair when it comes to Fenders IMO. They're built for customisation and tailoring. It what makes them brilliant. Well that and their relative indestructibility and general low prices.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on July 22, 2016, 12:19:54 PM
Nice! Love the colour.

All is fair when it comes to Fenders IMO. They're built for customisation and tailoring. It what makes them brilliant. Well that and their relative indestructibility and general low prices.

I completely agree.  It's a little funny because I was planning to do a traditional build, but I like the different take on this guitar.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

You know I love that color! Maybe I'll get to play it at the next FFX Annual Shareholders' Meeting.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

BrianS

That is really a very pretty guitar. 

matmosphere

Nice guitar! I really like the binding it looks very nice. I get what you're saying about the EMG's in a tele. Does seem like a strange combo, but if it sounds good then why not.

m-Kresol

wowzers, that's a keeper!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

beneharris

That looks really good. If the natural binding on there is the one warmoth did, they really do a great job on theirs.

jimilee

Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jball85

Absolutely gorgeous.

selfdestroyer

That body trim is the shizzzz.. so awesome. That color is sweet. Enjoy it man.

Cody

jubal81

Easily one of the snazziest custom Teles I've ever seen. Everything woks together perfectly.
If you swap out the pickups down the road, you gotta keep those white pickup covers - really ties it together. Superb!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GermanCdn

Very nice.  Reminds of the Robin T-style guitars back in the day.  The binding is stunning.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Aleph Null

I have an EMG T set my Thinline baritone and absolutely love them. They definitely sound different than a traditional tele pickup, but I think they convey more of the harmonic complexity of the instrument.

Also, that's a great color!