News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Next batch of projects and demos

Started by madbean, July 08, 2016, 05:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Things have been pretty slow development-wise for the last two months but I am ready to pick up the pace. The next new project will come either at the end of this month or the very beginning of August. It will most likely be the Tapanatorator (TAPLFO utility) and two or three plug-n-play effects that go with it. I realize most people are waiting for the TT Analog Delay and I believe I will have it ready by the end of summer (so next batch after these).

Also, wife and kid going away for the weekend so that is the perfect time for me to crank out some demos. Someone requested the Danger Zone and I still owe the newest Weener Wah and Rabbit Hole. If there are any other requests please put them here and I will do my best (kind of depends on whether or not I currently have a boxed build currently!)

daleykd

How does the Tapanatorator compare to the TAPLFO microcontroller from electric druid?

madbean

Quote from: daleykd on July 08, 2016, 05:06:08 PM
How does the Tapanatorator compare to the TAPLFO microcontroller from electric druid?

It's actually an implementation of the TAPLFO chip as a stand-alone controller. The "hook" here is that you can plug in multiple effects to it to sync to one master tempo. So, you can plug in the trem, phaser and vibrato I've designed to go with it. Or another optical modulation project (it'll be pretty easy to convert to use the Tapanatorator).

daleykd

I gotcha.

I've been working on the Liquid Mercury and Twin Peaks Tremolo using the TAPLFO.  I had it in my head that one of the 1590BB enclosures would have a tap jack so you could use something as a master SPST switch (either external, or one of the actual 1590BB's switch).

I'm assuming this takes the TAPLFO, the main pots that go with it (multiplier, rate, etc.), a switch, and then via a 1/4", sends the PWM voltage to the other pedals for the optos?

Jules

Thanks Brian, really looking forward to some new projects.
Will the phaser and vibrato also work with the Dig Dug 2 Lfo out?
Cant wait for the TT Analog Delay and still hoping we will see the Polytrog and Ring Stinger 1 day.

Leevibe

Right on Brian. Man, I really need to get out of this slump! It's not that I'm not doing stuff, just not building pedals. What's happening to me???

octa805

Harbinger 2 please

I've been waiting for years on that one

ryanlewin

I think it would be cool if someone would make a PCB for that dark glass bass preamp. I like to do vero a lot, really like how they look, but that thing is def a pcb project. I know a ton of bassists that would love to cook one of those up. I haven't got into making gerber files yet. When I get around to that I would love to share what I do with you guys too like 1776 and parafred. I really like your work. I wasn't sure if anyone had any suggestions for the PCB manufacturing I have a buddy that makes batch pedals in town that has been using OSA park but if there is something better I'd love to know. Thanks, Rock on! -Ryan
Built by Ryan
http://ryancustom.com

dbp512

Quote from: daleykd on July 08, 2016, 09:31:43 PM
I've been working on the Liquid Mercury and Twin Peaks Tremolo using the TAPLFO.  I had it in my head that one of the 1590BB enclosures would have a tap jack so you could use something as a master SPST switch (either external, or one of the actual 1590BB's switch).

The way it currently works (from the diagram in the datasheet), an external jack can supply a master control signal to synchronize all your connected TAPLFO effects. This master control needs only be a spst momentary in a passive box as each effect supplies the necessary 5V. The internal momentary switch can override the master control, but only for that effect not the rest of the connected pedals. 

Its not terribly hard to modify the behavior the the internal switch to act as a master, but it requires a small daughterboard. I talked to the Electric Druid himself and came up with a design that should work, but I haven't put any thought into it since before Drolo's boards arrived. My enclosures should arrive next week or so, so I'll get around to testing it then I'll make a thread with more details.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

Tremster

What happened to the plans for the Rabbit Punch ABY switcher you once mentioned?

madbean

Quote from: Tremster on July 12, 2016, 07:33:38 AM
What happened to the plans for the Rabbit Punch ABY switcher you once mentioned?

I can still do that one. There did not seem to be a huge interest at the time. There are still quite a few projects that could be finished off and released (I still wanna get the theremin one going). Maybe it's time to do another poll on what to prioritize?

Jules

I think the poll is a great way of prioritising projects myself

darrenw6000

A couple of projects I would like to see are
Maestro Fuzz
Ibanez wh10 wah (original version)

High Lord

Matt

Quote from: madbean on July 08, 2016, 05:12:13 PM
Quote from: daleykd on July 08, 2016, 05:06:08 PM

It's actually an implementation of the TAPLFO chip as a stand-alone controller. The "hook" here is that you can plug in multiple effects to it to sync to one master tempo. So, you can plug in the trem, phaser and vibrato I've designed to go with it. Or another optical modulation project (it'll be pretty easy to convert to use the Tapanatorator).
What are the trem, phase and vibrato based on?  Or are these original designs?
Matt