News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total recall 2.2uf

Started by darrenw6000, June 24, 2016, 08:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrenw6000

The 2.2uf bipolar cap in this build, is that just a 2.2uf film or a special cap?

alanp

If it's specced specifically as bipolar, then it's probably a bipolar electrolytic (most electro's are polarised.)

This would have been used in place of a film cap for physical size reasons.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

darrenw6000

I have got a small 2u2 film cap by wima. Couldn't I use this for this project or does it need to be electrolytic.

davent

Should be fine as long as you can fit it to the PCB.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Scruffie

It just has to not have a polarity so not a straight up electroyltic or tantalum.

There's also the option of tying the negative lead of 2 x 4.7uF Electro caps together and putting the positive lead of each in to the pads as it was on the original DMM.
Works at Lectric-FX

darrenw6000

Orbis_Ignis

I just used two 1uF film caps in parallel to get as close to 2.2uF as I could get. I picked the ones I found that were the largest values. I think I ended up with 2.1+uF

darrenw6000

ok. what about the trimmer positions, i am useless at getting them right, where are yours set?