News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Parts Plus move

Started by aion, June 14, 2016, 07:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

NICE! Love the sparkle! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

galaxiex

Quote from: gordo on June 18, 2016, 04:21:22 PM
Here's the test shop of my L5 box.  The shot is clear film over the powdercoated box (aqua sparkle over black).  Think it's going to look pretty cool with the Aion Lab Series plate.

Now I have to find knobs...

Wow! That's nice!  8)
The sparkle sure sets it off.
I haven't started my L5 yet.
Still waiting/hoping there will be a group buy on the enclosure.
After seeing this I might need another one!
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

gordo

Last I heard its in the works. I'm really looking forward to using the pedal and wanted to see how the UV process looks so this was a win/win.

I'm also looking forward to Aion's Dimension-C board. 
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

aion

Quote from: galaxiex on June 18, 2016, 06:36:06 PM
I haven't started my L5 yet.
Still waiting/hoping there will be a group buy on the enclosure.

Yes, Mammoth is not being super fast right now (placed the order 6 weeks ago). I should have the proof enclosure the middle of this coming week, so I'll do the "all call" very soon.

galaxiex

Quote from: aion on June 18, 2016, 07:24:08 PM

Yes, Mammoth is not being super fast right now (placed the order 6 weeks ago). I should have the proof enclosure the middle of this coming week, so I'll do the "all call" very soon.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply.  :)

No rush, I am patient.
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

BuGG

I just got the test print for my most recent order yesterday.    I ordered these the day of the big move, it took about 3 weeks but I got a courtesy email explaining that the move had set them back.

This will be a relatively large batch so I should be able to comment on color consistency in a few days.

flanagan0718

BuGG

Not the best pic for a color reference, but the color consistency was spot on across the entire batch  of enclosures.

These are transparent blue starlight and turned out perfect.   

The new PPP staff is doing a great job.    ;D

aion

Wow, you've been busy this past week! :) Those look great!

pickdropper

Has anyone noticed the change in PPP powder coat pricing.  From what I can see, pricing for just the painting starts at $8.99 per box.  It does scale in quantity, but it takes a bunch of boxes to get to where it was before. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Has anyone noticed the change in PPP powder coat pricing.  From what I can see, pricing for just the painting starts at $8.99 per box.  It does scale in quantity, but it takes a bunch of boxes to get to where it was before. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Drew Hallenbeck

I just noticed this yesterday too. I was thinking about grabbing some plain white 1590B's for a project my daughter and I want to get started on.
I think I'll probably just end up getting some from Smallbear or Mammoth. I've been happy with their enclosures in the past.
I don't build in large enough quantities to get the price back down with PPP.
Probably won't be ordering anything unless I really need a color/finish I can't find elsewhere.
Bummer........
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

samhay

The new owner visited DIYSB recently - perhaps the thread the OP referred to? - and gave some justification for price increases, etc.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=115050.0

mrclean77

Those blues look great as do the screenprints on them.

Bret608

Well, at least the drilling charges aren't going up too. However, this more or less guarantees I won't be ordering any premium or custom colors again.