News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Function f(x) - Summer NAMM 2016

Started by culturejam, June 14, 2016, 01:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on June 23, 2016, 01:07:46 AM
One more teaser for the Namm pedal. It sounds oh so good :)

I *will* have one of those one day.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

What I can see of it looks a bit Pigtronix like.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

madbean

This proto was a real biatch to build. Pots got moved around, there is a small circuit on perf board underneath to fix a mistake I made on the PCB design. All very DIY. It doesn't have our soft switches in it but the production model will have those plus some different switching mode options. Anyway, just showing a little here...some ppl might guess what's going on inside just from this pic alone. I can neither confirm nor deny!

madbean

We were packed liked sardines in our shared booth with our new buddies from Swindler Effects, Lone Wolf Audio, Hungry Robot and Fairfield Electronics. There were many stank blooze riffs played at the Dunlop booth directly behind us....all.day.long :)

Also took a pic of this Tele at the Fender booth that I liked a lot.

jimilee

I need that Tele. I played a few today, but just couldn't love them. Also, nobody said there were going to be coozies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Some more pics - cross-posted from TGP

The Foxpedal booth was a real attention-grabber with its huge foxy banner

Close-up of their new delay pedal. Did not get a chance to listen to this but I talked to Curt about some of the engineering in it and it's impressive.

Our booth buddies from Swindler Effects. Drew and Sam came up from Alabama and brought a very impressive display of pedals. Some really keen engineering going on in these also...based on our discussions of their tremolo and delay, etc.

Eric and the Hungry Robot was very popular. I played through all his pedals and liked them all. I especially liked The Wash. It is a super nice and clean sounding delay with a lot of ambience. The two little green boxes on either side of his overdrive were for all sorts of clipping and tone shaping options.

The Fairfield display. I did not get a chance to play through these, but I liked the clever use of 1590A boxes for storing guitar picks :)

Joe and Fred from Lone Wolf Audio. LWA had an amazing number of pedals with them on their display. Plus, they had hot sauce to give away. And if you are wondering...Fred can Shred!

The Wampler area. I looked for Mr. Wampler himself a couple of times but seemed to just miss him.

The Walrus booth was probably my favorite. The wood paneling. The mini-stage for demos. The sign. These guys know what's up. Oh, and awesome products as well!

Finally, proof that Forrest and I are not the same person at our small corner.

Mark from Black Arts was just a few feet over to the left from here but I was never able to catch him for a photo. Super cool d00d, though. I also finally got to meet PaulC in person, which was great. I talked with Steve Daniels of smallbear fame and Arthur from Tailored FX for a bit. Other random encounters were the grandson of George L and a quick peek/listen to Greg Koch at the Fishman booth (god that d00d can play). All in all a fun experience from the "other side of the booth(s)".

alanp

No matter what happens, it looks like the Ampli Fire people did very well!

The level of skill displayed in all of this is amazing. And I love the farm-yard "stage" in one of them :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

What's that little white pedal that appeared next to the clusterfuzz? Something else in the works?

jtaormina

Seriously hook me up with a koozie. My beers need some thermal insulation.  8)

blearyeyes

I still think you're the same person. You Photoshopped that picture!

Good luck!

jimilee

Hated to miss it, it was my birthday weekend, but I did get a new acoustic, so that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 26, 2016, 03:30:34 AM
What's that little white pedal that appeared next to the clusterfuzz? Something else in the works?

It's a "Jr" version of the Clusterfuzz I did in a 1590G. Mostly as a proof of concept. We dragged it out to see if there was any interest in it at the show. Turns out there was...so maybe we'll do something with it. It has all the knobs from the big version and two of the clipping modes (but no soft touch bypass or filter switch).

jkokura

I wish I could like that picture of Forrest and Brian. Next time guys, I'll come.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Well done chaps and thanks for the photos! Looking forward to a demo of your new blue beauty when it happens:)