News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What two boards should I put into a 2-in-1?

Started by Tuxedo3, June 12, 2016, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxedo3

Pedalbros, I'm going to venture into building a 2-in-1. I cannot decide which boards I want in it. I'm thinking
1. a dual drive (like a Green Bean and Slow Loris) or
2. a compressor and a Drive (like a 4:1 and a Green Bean)

Any recommendations or things to stay away from? I'm thinking a 1590BB.

matmosphere

Sounds like a fun project. Somebody did a Timmy and a Zen Drive together a while back, that's probably a good combo  The Wolfshirt is a great fuzz. That and the 8-Ball would probably be a very cool combo. I'd say keep the comp out, you might want to try it in different spots in your chain so having it tied to a dirty pedal might not be great.

Tuxedo3

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 12, 2016, 09:47:30 PM
.. the 8-Ball would probably be a very cool combo.

I was also thinking that, a Greenbean/8ball would be really sweet.

jimilee

Couple of Cornish pedals we be awesome. G2 SS2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

Klon into a gainster.

Treble booster into a sho or crackle not ok.

playpunk

I have a couple of dual drives. 8 ball and supreaux deux, 8 ball and green bean, grind customs GOAT and ZEN. I also built and sold the beast- a klone and Maxon od820, and the dual fuzz- a foxx time machine and muff.

My favorite is the 8ball supreaux combo, with the goat/zen a close 2nd. I'm intrigued by the idea of a gainster/klone now....

"my legend grows" - playpunk

reddo

how about :
a green bean and a red llama(camel toe)
a distortion or fuzz with a green ringer
a treble boost and a fuzz face
2 mini boosters with the option to stack them
a boost and an overdrive
a fuzz and a phase 45
so many options...

alanp

Lovetone Cheese Source? Classic two in one :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Willybomb

dan.schumaker

Wolfshirt and 8-ball is a great combination, as well as a Green Bean into a Slow Loris.

How about a Mudbunny into a Cherrybomb?  Lots of Gilmour tone right there.

A Mangler and Pastyface together is also pretty awesome  :D

jimilee

Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 13, 2016, 03:03:35 PM
How about a Mudbunny into a Cherrybomb?  Lots of Gilmour tone right there
Winner!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

playpunk

I've thought about putting two tiny boosts in a horizontal 125b, each on its own loop. Call it the MOREMORE - one dirty boost and one clean.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

matmosphere

Quote from: playpunk on June 13, 2016, 05:45:59 PM
I've thought about putting two tiny boosts in a horizontal 125b, each on its own loop. Call it the MOREMORE - one dirty boost and one clean.

Ha, MOREMORE! that's excellent. At some point I had planned on building two devi ever pedals in a horizontal 125b, never got around to it though.

Drew Hallenbeck

I did one with a Fat Pants Jr. and a Pig Butt. Sounds really good to me, both are awesome circuits.
I put in an order selector switch and was glad I did. If I would have just wired the two circuits into one box, I would have run the FP Jr. into the Pig Butt. Sounds good that way but I actually prefer the boost after the fuzz.

Anyway, if you're gonna go with two "dirt" circuits (boost, OD, dist, fuzz...) add a selector switch to swap the order of the circuits. Adds so much more versatility!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Tuxedo3

You guys are giving me way too many great options here.

Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 13, 2016, 03:03:35 PM
a Green Bean into a Slow Loris.

I think I'm going to do this one, I don't own a Rat and have never played through one so it really interests me.

Quote from: desmondtencents on June 13, 2016, 06:40:37 PM
Anyway, if you're gonna go with two "dirt" circuits (boost, OD, dist, fuzz...) add a selector switch to swap the order of the circuits. Adds so much more versatility!

This is fantastic advice, consider it added to the project.
Also feel free to keep giving suggestions, I'm writing them down because I like the idea of 2-in-1's.