News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Davies 1900H style knobs w/brass inserts for cheap!

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, June 09, 2016, 01:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

http://modularaddict.com/parts/synth-diy-parts/1900knobs

Some of you folks here might already be aware of this site but I figured I'd share anyway.
Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough in the past but.........
I love these little knobs but HATE the cheap plastic ones without the brass inserts for the set screw.
Just did a little searching and found these for $0.69 each!
Pretty good considering Tayda gets $0.49 for the cheap-o's

Looks like they don't have any black or white ones in stock right now. (they're pictured but no option there to select them) I think I'll order a few different colors and check back later for the black and white ones....
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Drew Hallenbeck

Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

chromesphere

That's a good deal desmond and definitely a better option then Taydas.  I've been pretty vocal in the past about my resentment towards those...yes, I can get emotional about an instrument knob and resent an inanimate object.  The ones you post will work much better with that brass insert.  Good find!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

stringsthings

Excellent find!  Knobs are more important than I thought they were when I started out building.
All You Need Is Love

alanp

That's cheaper than Erthenvar... :/ I wonder if Erthenvar do bulk discounts...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

alanp

Link for the specific part? Their 1900H clones are the same as before, in the list (non-brass-collet). They do have brass colleted knobs, but 1900H is not listed as such.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chromesphere

Most of those Tayda Knobs look like the stuff you can get from the chinese suppliers on ali baba.  Tayda arent cheap generally speaking.  They sell cheap stuff.  There's a difference.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: blearyeyes on June 11, 2016, 04:48:01 AM
Hate to say it but tayda's are showing brass inserts for .49 US

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/potentiometer-variable-resistors/knobs-855.html

I'm talking about these:

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/knobs-862/knob-davies-1900h-clone-black.html

The ones you linked do have brass inserts and I have bought some of them. I just think the Davies 1900H ones look better. And Tayda's definitely don't have the inserts.

blearyeyes

Oh my bad, sorry about that. I've used the Tayda ones without brass and they are total crap. Set screw threaded into plastic?

If you don't touch them or step on them or try to tighten them they are great.