News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3PDT board by guitar PCB and Swedish chainsaw by Tinnitus Industries

Started by U4U, May 28, 2016, 08:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

U4U

Hi there, has anyone an example for wiring the 3PDT correctly to the Swedish chainsaw by Tinnitus industries? Standard wiring like shown for the 3PDT doesn't work, wiring the Swedish chainsaw without the board and no switch directly to the jacks and the power plug works well.

Thank you,

U4U
Creator of the multi purpose pickup wiring/unwiring machine

m-Kresol

do you have a link to the project? if it has standard In and Out pads (without onboard switching or the like) the standard wiring should work. Are you sure, you wired it correctly? Refer to madbeans tutorial on 3PDT wiring here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/MBP_FootswitchWiring.pdf
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

U4U

BrianS

Ok. For standard wiring what m-K sent you will work.

I'm not questioning your intelligence here.  When you hooked up the 3pdt board did you run all the pcb hookups to the front pads on the 3pdt pcb? Your power goes into the 3pdt pcb and is wired off of it to you 9v input. You only have an in, out, power and an
extra ground pad coming off the main board.  If you have it hooked up right my next suggestion would be to check your ground points. If it's not grounded you will get no sound.  Do you have power? Also, and I know this can be a hassle but a picture would be very helpful. You post a picture and someone will at least let you know if your wiring is wrong.  Hang in there. I hate it when my pedals don't work because I'm not good at troubleshooting.

U4U

Hi, everything is wired as it should! Well, it's not the first unit I build, but the first with this 3PDT board. As it goes for intelligence...well, I'm not the one who has to judge about that!

U4U

galaxiex

Double check 3PDT switch orientation.

Switch lugs must be horizontal, not vertical
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

U4U

Hi,

they are horizontal, of course, otherwise the switch wouldn't fit ;)

U4U

bcalla

A few things:

1. Post some clear photos of your wiring.
2. Check the switch with a meter to make sure there's continuity where there should be & vice versa.
3. What exactly do you mean by "doesn't work?"  Do you get anything in bypass?

U4U

Hi, no sound while bypassing too. Maybe it's the switch...I will try another one!

Thank you!

U4U

m-Kresol

Switches can break, but it's rather rare in my experience to die right at the start unless you somehow brutalize them with prolongued soldering.

If you have a multimeter, check with the continuity setting if your switch is working correctly - connecting the middle row with the upper OR lower one changing with hitting the switch. Next you can try testing if you have any pads other than the GND pads on ground too. that would mean there's a jumper/bridge somewhere that kills your signal (the effect IN pad has to be grounded when effect is disengaged though).

hope that helps
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials