News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzzdog pedals

Started by darrenw6000, May 25, 2016, 03:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrenw6000

Anyone bought pcb's off fuzzdog and if so what are your thoughts?

zombie_rock123

Ive bought a fair few of them, they were my first pcbs I bought when he was still Poodle Pedals and hes got some good clones - Im still needing to throw together a Brassmaster kit Ive been sat on since Christmas. Overdrive, delay, fuzzes all been great and the two issues I have had have probably been user error - volume drop with the Blue Box and Superfuzz.

Juansolo has utilised them - check his multi boxes - so thats a pretty big thumbs up!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

brucer

I've used them too.  Very happy also.  His Astrotone is a favourite pedal of mine.

dont-tase-me-bro

Ive bought from him multiple times.  There's a key online somewhere to decode the names
I thought this would save me money.

daleykd

I feel as though Lee is a "good" Facebook friend of mine.  :)

I always try to drive traffic to him because of the quality of his boards.  The prices are fair, shipping to USA is cheap/fair.  I've built three or four of his.  (Absolutely loved his Klon and Buzzaround.)

He's top-notch.

jubal81

Great guy and great PCBs. Do recommend.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

thesmokingman

the early boards tended to be full of errors and necessary hacks(being honest, not mean), the quality has improved and the pricing has always been fair considering the shipping and the selection of stuff offered. I'm not sure I'd go with a kit or a single PCB purchase due to shipping costs unless I was in the UK to begin with. I'm waiting on a shipment of pcbs from him at the moment if that helps.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

galaxiex

I only bought one board (so-far) from him.
No problems, nice board, fast shipping to Canada.  :)

I got the Flender.  8)
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

ian

ive ordered from lee before. took less than a week to get to USA. hes a good person to know . and the quality is very nice. 

John S

I've also ordered dozens of pcbs from him. They are fantastic.
Schenkenstein custom effects. Check out the page on Facebook.

EBRAddict

I've built 6. Shipping is always fast to the US.

Adam_DIY

His customer service is also epic.  I've put in a load of orders over the last year or so and only had one problem.  I received mini mxr style knobs instead of the 20mm ones so I sent him an email on a Friday afternoon and received the knobs with my post the next day.  I'd told him not to bother sending them but to wait until I put another order in and got a 2 word reply... Too late :-).

benlanc

Lee's a great guy, and the boards are top notch too. I've made a bunch of stuff of his and often buy the odd component too (he has great stock of decent Alpha pots with insulated caps over their base).

If you're buying kits, I'd say it's worth buying a drilled enclosure from him too if you don't have a pillar drill, they're always top quality and precision drilled.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

darrenw6000

EBRAddict

One gripe I have with their documentation is the schematics embedded in the PDF are very low resolution. The schematics are in color, so when printing them in B&W the combination of grayscale conversion and low resolution render the part numbers illegible in some cases.