News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Questions Re Naughty Fish

Started by Terrapin, May 17, 2016, 08:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terrapin

I'm thinking about buying the Naughtyfish board, but have a couple of questions about parts. First, are the pots linear, log, or reverse-log? Second, I've got some on-on-on switches that are different in the center position than the smallbear switches. Can I use these by just switching wires around to the board, or must the switches work identically to smallbear's for the build to work?

Thanks in advance!

jimilee

A=Log B=Linear C=reverse Log and yep, you need an On/ on/on and an on/on They don't necessarily have to be from SB but that's the idea. That's an awesome build.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Terrapin

Thanks man, and good to hear it's a great pedal. The problem re the pots is the BOM does not indicate whether the pots are A, B, or C. http://madbeanpedals.com/projects/NaughtyFish/NaughtyFish2015.pdf

Quote from: jimilee on May 17, 2016, 09:30:08 PM
A=Log B=Linear C=reverse Log and yep, you need an On/ on/on and an on/on They don't necessarily have to be from SB but that's the idea. That's an awesome build.

jimilee

Quote from: Terrapin on May 17, 2016, 10:40:05 PM
Thanks man, and good to hear it's a great pedal. The problem re the pots is the BOM does not indicate whether the pots are A, B, or C. http://madbeanpedals.com/projects/NaughtyFish/NaughtyFish2015.pdf

Quote from: jimilee on May 17, 2016, 09:30:08 PM
If you look carefully 1MC is reverse log and the other two have a b after the value indicating linear.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

1MC
250kB
100kB

1 Meg   reverse (C)
250k    linear (B)
100k    linear (B)

I know the lingo is crazy sometimes...

Terrapin

Got you -- thanks! I naturally think kilobytes for kb and basically just didn't see it as "K space b" rather than "k!"

Terrapin

One more question (sorry to keep bothering you). Where have you guys found LT1054 chips or, if they are too hard to find, what's a good substitute for this chip? I don't see them at Smallbear or Tayda.

Jules

There is no substitute for the LT1054, they cost a few dollars too.
I would think Small Bear has them, maybe under voltage regulators or something.

Jules

Small bear have th lt1054cp for 2.95 under voltage regulator unders ic's

Terrapin

Many thanks Jules. When I searched for LT1054 at smallbear it returned "Your search for 'lt1054' did not match any products." Note to self that smallbear's search engine does not match the stems of queries!

Jules

No worries mate, I thought it was a bit weird it didn't come up in a search too.