News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

is this mod possible on the dig dug 2

Started by gaffled, May 03, 2016, 07:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaffled

Hello, what I'm looking to do is have the dig dug sequence only the guitar signal, i.e. no wah or trem applied to the sequence.  Looking at the schematic I was thinking of taking a wire from right after the 2n5457 to a switch and then a wire to r15, the 10k resistor.  That way I could have trem, wah or signal being sequenced.  I would just try this but I'm awaiting my enclosure so the pcb is not all built up yet.  The question is what I want even possible, does this sound like it would work or is there a better way to do it.  Thanks for any help and insight, Mike.

madbean

I'm having a little trouble understanding the question. What exactly do you mean by sequencing the guitar signal? In order for the DD to work, it has to modulate or vary some aspect of the guitar signal already. Can you give a more specific example of what you want to do?

gaffled

Sorry probably not saying things right. Awhile ago I saw on YouTube, can't find the video now, a person had taken the baby 10 sequencer and made it a guitar pedal.   Basically it just sequenced whatever he played, there was no wah or trem sound.  I guess what I'm trying to do is make it so whatever I play doesn't have a wah sound or trem sound, it would be just a clean signal being sequenced.  I hope this makes sense, I suck at explaining things.

madbean

Hmm...that doesn't help much. In terms of sequencing, you are talking about taking time-based slices of an audio signal. IOW: put an audio signal in and divide it up into distinct sections. But, you have to set the division point by some audible characteristic. In a tremolo, it's amplitude. In the wah, it's different frequency centers on a notch filter. Or, it could be something else like pitch. So, when you say it "sequences the signal" you need define what it is sequencing (or slicing). Unless I am completely clueless here (which is always possible...even likely). Maybe if you can find an audio example similar to what you heard before (doesn't have to be guitar)....otherwise I am not sure.

gaffled

I can't find the video of the one I saw awhile back.  Here is one that uses  a guitar and ebow
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXRAExVoJI

I guess this type of circuit is over my head.  But with the example above
, instead of playing an ebow, I would like to play through a fuzz pedal and then have that sound fed into the sequencer.  It's sounding like this may not be possible with this pedal.  I

lincolnic

That video sounds really close to the tremolo mode on the DigDug 2 to me.

m-Kresol

If the knobs in the video indeed modulate the volume of the signal, that is exactly a tremolo. Are you sure that the tremolo of the DD2 isn't exactly what you mean? the sequencer is basically just a succession of depth settings of a modulation effect.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials