News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel Power

Started by destro, May 01, 2016, 02:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

destro

In the build doc the hyperlink doesn't work and says it can work up to 12v but I thought the mn3007 can run at 15v and know I have read about the ce2  being powered at 15. Am I missing something here?

JC103

I don't remember what the issue was... but Madbean found that the pork barrel would only work with a 3007 chip up to 12v, but not any higher. Yes, the 3007 can run at 15v max, but in this circuit it can't. I thought it was mentioned in the 2015 build doc?

JC103

Here ya go:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/PorkBarrel/PorkBarrel_2015.pdf

You are right, the hyper link in the build doc doesn't work...

destro

Yeah, I tried to search the forum as well and didn't find it but ran across a few folks who ran it at 15v with no reported issues, so I am definitely curious.

jimilee

I don't k ow why it would be an issue if all the components are are rated 16v or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

destro

From the man himself:

"Yeah that thread probably was in the time frame that got nuked. 12v is the max voltage you can supply it. 15v does not work. Although the BBD can handle 15v, the LFO is not designed to work at that voltage. I have done both 9v and 12v. I think the 12v is very slightly different but not a game changer, so to speak."