News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean, and Behemoth bass drive

Started by matmosphere, May 01, 2016, 02:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Hey guys, here is what I've finished up lately.

First off the Behemoth bass drive. This is Jeremy's board from the group buy a while back. I believe its a clone of the DAM ezekiel. Sounds great on bass and guitar but I wish it had a little more gain, so I'm probably going to try a few different IC's and swap a few diodes. Huge range of sounds.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=22415.msg220294#msg220294

I was hoping that it would look like Calvin was stomping on the switch.

Next up is a Green Bean I built for my brother. Built it to Bean's specs. Socketed the symmetrical diodes. There are 3mm clear red leds in there right now but I think I'm going to try something else. Is there a big difference between how clear and regular led's will sound?

My brother has been collecting comics since before I was born. One of his favorite characters is Green Latern, so I thought "what better for the artwork!" I'm pleased with the look of this one. Originally I wanted to take the artwork straight out of an old comic, but I couldn't find anything that fit right. So I tried to make the print look like an old newsprint comic. Turned out pretty well. The thing I'm most happy with is getting the LED lined up just right. I probably think it's a little cooler than it really is but the LED is my favorite part here.

Martan

playpunk

Both look great. Nice work all-round!
"my legend grows" - playpunk

m-Kresol

I really dig the Calvin and Hobbs graphics. Great Idea and well executed
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

matmosphere

Thanks guys. Calvin and Hobbes is definitely more my thing. It's such a great strip. The Green lantern screamer had me thinking comics for pedal art but comic books weren't ever my thing much. I read some old 60's and 70's stuff when I was a kid but other than Neil Gaiman stuff I haven't read comic in twenty years.

jimilee

Hell yeah! Nicely executed. Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.