News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage and Zygote- Omitting Parts?

Started by Haberdasher, July 19, 2011, 01:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

Hi

Is there a point to installing C7 in the Zygote if I have a Road Rage providing -9v to the circuit or is it redundant?  Can I/should I leave it out?

What about D1 of the Zygote?

thanks
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

Yes, you can leave out the polarity protection and filtering on the Zygote. Personally, I would probably put them on anyway, but that's more aesthetic (not having empty slots on the PCB).

As an aside, if you are doing a positive ground FF off battery (no road rage) you don't need the filtering cap---only the polarity protection diode.

bigmufffuzzwizz

The polarity protection is to save your expensive trannys when your children decide to become early EE's  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Quote from: madbean on July 19, 2011, 01:59:14 PM
Yes, you can leave out the polarity protection and filtering on the Zygote. Personally, I would probably put them on anyway, but that's more aesthetic (not having empty slots on the PCB).

haha, yeah I hate the "I think I'm missing some pieces now" look  :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Well this thread is full of beans! hahaha  :D

I really don't have anything to contribute...just wanted to note that, and congratulate Magic and Haberdasher on their awards! haha I already said something to Josh on another thread :P

All of you guys are awesome and I thank you all for contributing so much for us!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thanks Kaleb! Your an awesome guy! All of you are!
I've learned so much here from everyone, whether it be through insight or silly mistakes.
But I must say a special thanks especially recently to Keefe! You are the dude!  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Haberdasher

Thanks Kaleb!  I didn't even know it happened until I noticed my avatar was with bean.
And I think you guys are awesome too!

I'm picking up everything I can here, this is such a great place for such a great hobby.

BMFW, you're welcome. 8)

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS