Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chunk Chunk - Dr Rectifier

Started by rpack78, April 25, 2016, 02:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpack78

Father of 5, Perl programmer, bumbling pedal builder

Drew Hallenbeck

First post and it's a build report with a cool box of high gain goodness, awesome job!
I built one of these a few months back. Sounded pretty killer once I got the squeal under control.
I really like how you finished this one. It just looks mean and nasty!
Welcome, and keep the cool builds coming!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Orbis_Ignis

rpack78

Quote from: desmondtencents on April 25, 2016, 03:29:31 PM
First post and it's a build report with a cool box of high gain goodness, awesome job!
I built one of these a few months back. Sounded pretty killer once I got the squeal under control.
I really like how you finished this one. It just looks mean and nasty!
Welcome, and keep the cool builds coming!

Thanks!  The finish was kind of a happy accident.  I initially wanted it to look similar to a Les Paul silverburst but I removed some of the paint by accident with some masking tape.  So I re-applied my paint layers, got impatient, and started using a heat gun to speed up the curing process.  The paint started bubbling up.  I decided I liked it, applied some clear coat, engraved it, and called it a day.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

rpack78

Quote from: Orbis_Ignis on April 25, 2016, 05:55:25 PM
That looks great man!

Thank you!  It sounds awesome, though initially I wished it had more gain.  That was before I put a compressor in front of it.  It sounds SOOO sweet.  Sounds good with a clean boost in front too.  Now it's a tie for my favorite distortion pedal that I own, next to my Rams Head Big Muff.

selfdestroyer

Looks like a moon rock.. awesome!

Cody

nzCdog

Love it!  Looks great dude, welcome to the forum 8)