News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

micro-dipity

Started by cjkbug, July 19, 2011, 02:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

as I am nearly out of room on my pedaltrain, and I can't live without a serendipity. I used my last fabbed pcb to make one in a 1590a. I modified the board slightly so it wouldn't get hung up in the enclosure. I used 2 9mm pots and 2 16mm pots for the controls and skipped any sockets for components to save vertical space. I used adhesive backed foam to secure the board and insulate the exposed ground plane. finished in deep blue with prismatic flake clear.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

JeffdaMaori

Wicked....! That's ;\like putting a four master ship into a tiny bottle....
:o Fantastico!

chip46

That's epic. I've been wanting to try a 4 knob 1590A build with those 9mm pots. You have given me the inspiration  ;D

sprayfe

that hurts my brain in a good way

nzCdog

Thats freaky... :o
Must have been a real tricky job, nice work!

JakeFuzz

Quote from: chip46 on July 19, 2011, 04:32:43 AM
That's epic. I've been wanting to try a 4 knob 1590A build with those 9mm pots. You have given me the inspiration  ;D

Seriously, me too. I am going to try and build my neutrino into a 1590a. Great job. Serious packing skills.

Dixie_Crap

I say old chap, That is absolutely spiffing.

gtr2

Nice work, I would've never thought that was possible.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

You my friend are quite the pedal builder!

snz728

k.rock!

Dude...IN...credible...

This is quite an accomplishment my friend. Fantastic job all over!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks like it doesn't get anymore perfect fitting than that! I'm sure your pedalboard looks awesome now.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

redbean

Ooo, sparkles!! I want some 'sparkley' pedals too. :)
es là-bas!!

TheCobbenator

Love this! I'm looking intobuilding as many 1590a pedals as possible. I'd lov'e to build my serendipity into one like this. Which size pots did you use fir which ones? Any reason you didn't just use all 9mms?

cjkbug

Quote from: TheCobbenator on July 27, 2011, 12:02:48 AM
Love this! I'm looking intobuilding as many 1590a pedals as possible. I'd lov'e to build my serendipity into one like this. Which size pots did you use fir which ones? Any reason you didn't just use all 9mms?
can't remember off hand. they were staggered though. I did'nt have every value in 9mm. you should be able to fit 4 16mm pots if you drill accurately. there is enough room. the one I did last year didn't use 9mm pots. measure twice. and drill pilot holes. and you definately want to use a drill press and a sharp bit.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!