News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 23, 2016, 02:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Quote from: slash555 on June 02, 2024, 08:22:32 AMMass Effect trilogy is such a classic! How did you find the Legendary Edition compared to the originals? Also, the Ryzen 5700X3D sounds like a great upgrade. Are you planning to dive into any new games once you switch to Linux? I'm curious how the transition will go for you, especially for gaming.

I'm totally uncool and/or my gaming brain was elsewhere from 2006-2012, so I actually didn't play it until this year. I was in design and video production, so my life was Mac. Timmy really pushed me away with the abandonment of the professional, and going to selling thousand dollar Facebook machines. I moved to Windows about 8 years ago. Before that it was whatever was available on MacOS, which thankfully included Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy.

plus I got by okay with boot camp for everything else not cutting edge.

I actually thought about getting the 5600x3D but friends even closest to micro center were too far for a casual trip. Then some popped up on eBay, but passed again... but this is about the pinnacle for x470

Sadly my "research" into Linux doesn't go very far. Finally got the Pi Hole set up and rPi OS is very idiot friendly for my benefit. There are a couple distros I've seen, but haven't tested on. Maybe I'll do that while it's out for the upgrade. I'm just paranoid and want to remove all my SSDs and throw a blank one in  :P

I'm definitely interested in Baldur's Gate 3. I might do cyberpunk. I'm very torn on Starfield— from the detailed reviews/critiques I've watched it's rather bland story and character wise, but the gunplay is vastly improved over Fallout 4.

I'm not too into JRPGs, but I'll have to see what other role playing games released in 2024.

maybe I'll also see what I can max out from my library of neglected games on steam :P

Willybomb

Quote from: madbean on June 01, 2024, 11:47:56 PM

Just finished this last week.  I've had it on my 2 prior laptops and only had the last couple of missions to go.  My laptop fell off a desk recently and I replaced it with insurance, so I decided to finally finish it.

Great game if a little repetitive towards the end.  Wasn't super happy with the ending, but it is what it is.

Currently Baldur's Gate 3 is taking over my gaming time, other than some online chess.  War Thunder has dropped off the wayside because of it.