News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delay Ray....(Aquaboy DLX 2015)

Started by Orbis_Ignis, April 20, 2016, 05:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbis_Ignis

Pretty proud of this one. It took a little trouble shooting, but man does this thing sound awesome. My painting of the enclosure didn't come out like I planned, but I liked what was happening so I went with it. There is white, sparkle blue, dark green, and sparkle green all mixed in with a little of the aluminum coming through. I was just going to strip it and start over. But I like how the colors came. I think you can really see the Manta ray and labels well. Oh, and I like the yellow green LEDs that I didn't even know I had, lol

midwayfair

Orbis_Ignis

Yep, I etched it and then painted it

playpunk

WOw!!!!!! I love the multimedia finish.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Martan

Dayum!  Way to hang in there, man! It is a great sounding circuit

selfdestroyer

Cool artwork and etch/paint technique is awesome.

Cody

matmosphere

That looks great. Very nice technique on the artwork.

lincolnic

Man, that looks so cool. Great job.

Orbis_Ignis

Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying this pedal. Now I'm working on the Naughty Fish and a couple more delays. Basically just waiting on the 2u2 NP cap to come in.

archaos

OMG, how could I have missed that one !
Congrats, that's a real piece of art !
BTW, are you happy with the Xvive MN3005s ?
Mehr Licht !

Leevibe

Wow! That is seriously cool looking. And it represents a lot of work. Good job man.

Orbis_Ignis

Quote from: archaos on April 23, 2016, 12:19:56 PM
OMG, how could I have missed that one !
Congrats, that's a real piece of art !
BTW, are you happy with the Xvive MN3005s ?

Thanks! Yep, XviveMN3005s sound really nice. I really like analog delay and to me the repeats on this is just as clean or cleaner than the JHS Panther Cub I had. To me seems like the delay times can get really long too. But I never use very long delay

archaos

Quote from: Orbis_Ignis on April 23, 2016, 03:43:05 PM
Thanks! Yep, XviveMN3005s sound really nice. I really like analog delay and to me the repeats on this is just as clean or cleaner than the JHS Panther Cub I had. To me seems like the delay times can get really long too. But I never use very long delay

Great !
Do you think an external tap tempo like the Tapestry Audio Time Traveler could be used with such a project ?
I'm looking forward to the MBP Timelapse hoping it will be launched soon.
The Panther Cub uses 3208's, right ?
Mehr Licht !

m-Kresol

I dig the colours in combination with etch. well done!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

culturejam

Looks like a glazed ceramic coffee mug. Awesome!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects