News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

lunar module

Started by cjkbug, July 15, 2011, 01:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

Here's a lunar module built on a cosmopolitan board I called the "Cosmonaut" as a play on the 2 titles. I followed bigmuffuzzwizz's and jakefuzz's build instructions. It's a really easy build and a great sounding fuzz. it's a lot like the screwdriver but smoother and a little warmer. It's great for those soaring David Gilmour solo's. I put in a bent steel enclosure( a real mutha to drill out by the way) and etched a faceplate out of some really thin pcb stock that I bought for just that purpose.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

sprayfe

Good lord that's clean!!! Whew! The board mounted pots look great.  The etch is masterful.

night-B

There's enough space for 4 batteries in there  :o
This is neat tidy and well planned  ;)

nzCdog

Nice man... its like one of those $$$boutique$$$ pedals you open up and find them full of 'magic air'
Cosmonaut is an excellent name!  8)

cjkbug

Quote from: night-B on July 15, 2011, 05:09:37 AM
There's enough space for 4 batteries in there  :o
This is neat tidy and well planned  ;)
bean/jakefuzz/bigmuffuzzwizz did the planning....I just stuffed a few parts in it and drilled some holes.

jimmybjj

Looks terrific, everything you have done does. Did you make or buy the enclosure?
Pcbs no longer available

raulduke

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 15, 2011, 01:01:59 PM
Looks terrific, everything you have done does. Did you make or buy the enclosure?

+1. The build looks fantastic. Top marks  ;D

vinnie

Awesome Cory, allways original  :o it seems a vintage Fuzz unit like a buzzarround, Zonk Machine etc.

Love your builts!

Cheers.

snz728

Great job.  I like the pcb faceplate idea 8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

;D ;D Amazing! I see what you did with the faceplate etch and its a great idea. The name flat out makes me think of the band SLEEP!! I've built the LM, but I still have to build a SD/cosmo  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

QuoteGreat job.  I like the pcb faceplate idea
thanks to the bean himself, I'm just standing on the shoulders of a giant!
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on July 15, 2011, 05:44:14 PM
;D ;D Amazing! I see what you did with the faceplate etch and its a great idea. The name flat out makes me think of the band SLEEP!! I've built the LM, but I still have to build a SD/cosmo  :)
I love sleep. but my wife won't let me play the "Jerusalem" album anymore. It scares her.
QuoteLooks terrific, everything you have done does. Did you make or buy the enclosure?
I got it from some dude on ebay. thaey are kinda pricey, about $18 but they are hand made and super heavy steel. the screw holes have nice threaded bushings instead of a tapped hole like some other bent sheet metal jobs I've used. they are very difficult to drill. I broke the table off my drill press by inserting turrets into a turretboard so It was especially difficult. do not ever attempt drilling these things without cutting oil cuz you'll piss thru drill bits.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Jersualem is the cut up toned down version. Dopesmoker is where it's at! Just saw them 3 weeks ago. It was amazing. Second time I've seen them now and they played about 25-45 mins of dopesmoker, most of holy mountain album and 2 new songs! Great visuals and the venue let people plume it up! Hopefully a new album soon!  ;D

cjkbug

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on July 15, 2011, 07:19:59 PM
Jersualem is the cut up toned down version. Dopesmoker is where it's at! Just saw them 3 weeks ago. It was amazing. Second time I've seen them now and they played about 25-45 mins of dopesmoker, most of holy mountain album and 2 new songs! Great visuals and the venue let people plume it up! Hopefully a new album soon!  ;D
dopesmoker that's the one! F&%K YEAH!

bigmufffuzzwizz

See, it fits right into the theme!

FuzzMonkey