News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doppelganger

Started by TNblueshawk, April 12, 2016, 07:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Funny how you don't build a pedal in about a year and come back and forget how to do decals right. Shitty decal work but I wasn't about to strip it. Anyhoo......thanks to Ian for a great pedal.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/G3NCjw]
John

Cortexturizer

because Bonamassa is such a famous phaser guy :D :D dude that pedal is awesome!
and I love Joe
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

selfdestroyer

I love this circuit. Have fun with that beast!

Cody

chuckbuick

Nice work, John.  Whether it's a day or a year I've just gotten to the point that I hate decals.  Especially waterslides.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Martan

Looks awesome! Any idea if the response from the LED/LDR sets are different when angled? I see them lots of different ways (straight on, angled, heat shrinked, etc..).

LaceSensor

nice to see another in the wild

jimilee

Quote from: Martan on April 12, 2016, 09:17:32 PM
Looks awesome! Any idea if the response from the LED/LDR sets are different when angled? I see them lots of different ways (straight on, angled, heat shrinked, etc..).
I would imagine that's the brightest part, or it seems to be when you look down and get blinded by it anyway.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

archaos

Awesome build !
I had a Doppelganger V2 but eventually sold it, unfortunately.
Mehr Licht !

TNblueshawk

Thanks a bunch fellers.
John

TNblueshawk

Quote from: Martan on April 12, 2016, 09:17:32 PM

I'm afraid I don't. I just tried to mate the 2 and figured no light will get lost if they are kissing cousins.

John

TNblueshawk

Quote from: chuckbuick on April 12, 2016, 09:10:17 PM
Nice work, John.  Whether it's a day or a year I've just gotten to the point that I hate decals.  Especially waterslides.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark. I hear you on th decals. I've gotten used to them. I just forgot that for white backed water slides you have to cut the decal a tad short of the measurement of your enclosure becuase due to the thickness it won't roll over the edge a bit. It curled on me. The clear ones no problem. Stuff like that you just forget at our....er...my age  ;D
John

TNblueshawk

Quote from: Cortexturizer on April 12, 2016, 07:48:11 PM
because Bonamassa is such a famous phaser guy :D :D dude that pedal is awesome!
and I love Joe

Thanks Cort.

Say maybe a dirt pedal would match with Joe better  ;D 

When I first started building I tried to match the pedal somewhat with the artist but I gave up after pedal 70. I just pick who I love and slap them on there. BB King would flip over in his grave if he knew I put him on an envelope filter  :o Albert King would crawl out of his grave and kick my ass if he knew I put him on a pedal too!
John

bscur

Hi,
I'm about to build one of these. What's going on with the resistors at R40? I haven't read over the docs yet, but that looks unusual. Is that a mod? If so, what's it do?
Thanks a lot and your pedal looks great,
Brad

TNblueshawk

Quote from: bscur on April 13, 2016, 06:21:16 PM
Hi,
I'm about to build one of these. What's going on with the resistors at R40? I haven't read over the docs yet, but that looks unusual. Is that a mod? If so, what's it do?
Thanks a lot and your pedal looks great,
Brad

Brad, that's just me stringing together the exact value with a resistor teepee trying to get 91k. A little OCD I know.
John

LaceSensor

For what its worth there is no good reason to not just have the LED facing directly to the LDR, assuming you use the prescribed values

thanks

Ian