News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New guitar day (finally!)

Started by stevie1556, April 10, 2016, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

Firstly, apologies for not being on the forum much lately, work and life have got in the way of building again.

Bit of a back story, these were announced in NAMM in Jan last year, and the guy in the shop is adamant that I was the first person in the UK to have them or order, which was back in June! Well, they finally came into stock last week and managed to get down to the shop yesterday after work. It's about a 90 minute drive, but the shop is definitely worth it.

So, without further ado, I would like to introduce Satch (purple) and Satchy (yellow)!

Satchel is my favourite guitarist, so I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of these, the only bad thing is that they are already outdated as he has switched to Fishman pickups now. First impressions is that they are nice to play, and the Seymour Duncan pickups are great sounding. I don't like the mini pickup selector switch, it's sharp and if you catch it, it feels like something has put a deep scratch on your skin, and last night I discovered that I prefer it when the trems are sunk into the body like on Ibanez, as these ones have the trem on top of the body and I find I keep catching it at bit. I've got a busy day, I'll try and get some pictures on what I mean tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

alanp

Quote from: stevie1556 on April 10, 2016, 08:11:50 AM
So, without further ado, I would like to introduce Satch (purple) and Satchy (yellow)!

Very, very strange -- I thought that Satchmo played trumpet?

They look like vegemite guitars to me -- you either love or hate them :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBRAddict

Wow I haven't seen a Kramer (or anyone publicly admitting they bought one) in decades.

I recently gave away my 300ST from my college days. I loved playing it back then and thought it was a great guitar.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

culturejam

I can smell the Aqua Net from here!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

slimtriggers

I think I would've named one "Asian Hooker" and the other "Lexxi's Mom"  ;D

Despite being a parody band, they're all really talented.  Death to All but Metal!

gordo

Steel Panther is a cool band. Watch is a very funny guy.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?