News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Buzz Saw .... my take on the Eagle Claw by Parasit Studios

Started by culturejam, April 09, 2016, 08:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

I built the board up a long time ago and though it was a cool. So when I was looking for a hardware-minimal project as a base for testing my setup for CnC milling/etching, this one was perfect.

Sounds mean!!!  ;D  It's gatey, glitchy, over-the-top octave. A total noise machine.  8)

As mentioned, the graphics are milled on a CnC (Othermill). The box is one of the cheap powdercoated jobbies from BLMS. The black is very thick and durable, which is perfect for milling. I'll be testing the white tonight or tomorrow.

For me, this is clean guts.

Closeup of the etch:

Action shot:

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

playpunk

So clean! Love the machined enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

That is so awesome. I look forward to seeing more of your milled stuff.

matmosphere

flanagan0718

Great job CJ. Love the graphics and super clean guts.
A friend of mine has a bench top CnC that he wants to give me. Maybe this will inspire me to take it off his hands now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

culturejam

Quote from: flanagan0718 on April 10, 2016, 12:29:27 AM
A friend of mine has a bench top CnC that he wants to give me. Maybe this will inspire me to take it off his hands now.

Take it!!!!

It's been a big learning curve for me, but I'm starting to get an idea of all the stuff you can do with one. After making PCBs and engraving enclosures, my next project will be to cut some Les Paul truss rod covers and then do some wood cut art. I also have some thick sheet aluminum incoming to mess around with.

alanp

Envy.

I'm getting some aluminium panels done at the moment, by Front Panel Express. They do a beautiful job, but it costs!

I knew it was not a laser job when I saw the milling marks in the text :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Martan

Looks really great! Do you have to feed it gerber files for everything?

culturejam

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

chuckbuick

So cool.  Gotta get me one of those.  That is a sharp looking build, too.

Addy Bart

I've not seen a milled enclosure before... Looks very nice indeed!

flanagan0718

Quote from: culturejam on April 10, 2016, 12:37:08 AM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on April 10, 2016, 12:29:27 AM

Take it!!!!

It's been a big learning curve for me, but I'm starting to get an idea of all the stuff you can do with one. After making PCBs and engraving enclosures, my next project will be to cut some Les Paul truss rod covers and then do some wood cut art. I also have some thick sheet aluminum incoming to mess around with.

Nice looks like I'm making a call later tonight.