News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Surprise! Another Darkside!

Started by G.G., July 13, 2011, 02:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Hi Folks,

Here are few pix of my Darkside build. I had a couple knob options I tried and still am not sure which I like best. This is probably the most complicated build I've done, but in spite of my numerous mistakes it came out pretty much ok and sounds very good.  I did the suggested cap mods and the Vol and Sus pots mods, used BAT41s and 2N5088s, very pleased with the sound!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mgwhit

Great looking build!  I love the smaller pointy knobs with the visible 0-100 markers.  Did you do those yourself?

G.G.

those are Ohmite dials I got from Mouser.  I wish I could figure out a way to make them myself, the Mouser shipping makes them kind of expensive. But I like the way they look and they're easy to work with.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great job. The wiring inside is extremely neat and those dials are sick!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

G.G.

thanks! I tried to keep things tidy this time, it was actually kind of painful since I'm not really that good at it. It's funny, I was trying this out with my amp after I got it built and got an "inquiry" from the neighbor in the house next door ("I didn't know you played guitar, we heard it the other night. . .").  Also several "noise complaints" from my 15 year-old Dalmatian; whenever I would start playing this thing she would come into the room and glare at me. It sounds really good to me though, lol!

nzCdog

Awesome job!  Very tidy and those knobs are awesome too! 8)