News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Explosive Rat Clone

Started by gorditas, April 02, 2016, 05:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorditas

This was a productive week for me. In addition to "Mr. Fusion," I just finished up my first Rat clone. Continuing with my quest for humorous graphics, I tried to think of what would be the opposite of a Rat. I thought of a cat, and the yellow PCB reminded me of the firecrackers I loved to light yesterday, I mean, when I was a kid.

This is another Aion board. It incorporates the "Ruetz" mod as well as select-able clipping. I purchased and installed the original LM308chips, but found that I actually prefer sound of LED clipping with the OP07 chips. But I always send the vintage and new spec chips to the new owners. They can decide for themselves.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u521/jasong2000/Cat_Guts_SM_zpsdyyecnty.jpg

Tuxedo3

This is fantastic. Love the colors and the graphics. Is this another PPP UV print? I'd be really interested in a quick rundown of how you normally do that, whether this is one of those or not.

Martan

Looks really great! I immediately smiled at the nostalgia of the black cats and the inexplicable fear of losing a finger (or two) :)

Timko

Nice graphic. Your colors turned out perfect.

gorditas

Thanks, everyone. I posted this quite a while ago. I don't know why it suddenly got views today! Glad you enjoy it and got a laugh or two. Humor is my favorite ingredient in pedal graphics.

It is another PPP print. I have typed up a draft tutorial on how I do the prints. I will attach it below.

Tuxedo3

Quote from: gorditas on June 05, 2016, 08:20:34 PM
I posted this quite a while ago. I don't know why it suddenly got views today!

I can explain that, I was looking through the build reports and saw your dual overdrive and then looked at your other posts! Also, I appreciate the tutorial.

bcalla

Both the pedal and the tutorial are top notch!

gorditas

Quote from: bcalla on June 05, 2016, 11:17:27 PM
Both the pedal and the tutorial are top notch!

Thanks, glad I could be of help. If you find areas that need correcting, please let me know. I'm in talks with PPP about making it part of their website.

BrianS

That is a really clean looking pedal. And the Bat Cat reminded me of blowing my fingers up when I was little. LOL.

stringsthings

Very, very nice.  Brings back happy memories of Black Cat fireworks.
All You Need Is Love