Cesar Romero, in the 60s
0 (0%)
Jack Nicholson, in '89
4 (23.5%)
Heath Ledger, in '08
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

alanp

My personal view is that Mark's Joker was the BEST, with that _oh so_ ELOQUENT voice, and his /amazing/ vocal delivery.

Not to _mention_ hee, haa, HO, HAHAHA! his *amazing* laughter.

But I'd like to hear your arguments.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Sorry Heath, I know it was his final role and an exceptional performance, but I'm voting Nicholson

matmosphere

Quote from: alanp on April 02, 2016, 04:47:27 AM
My personal view is that Mark's Joker was the BEST, with that _oh so_ ELOQUENT voice, and his /amazing/ vocal delivery.

Not to _mention_ hee, haa, HO, HAHAHA! his *amazing* laughter.

But I'd like to hear your arguments.

I'm with you on this. Ledger's death was tragic, but I just don't care for the Nolan films. Ledger just didn't bring the subtlety that Jack did. That said I voted for Skywalker, he has a huge advantage though because he played the part for so long.

The options omit a great choice though. What about Will Arnett!?

juansolo

Hamill is pure Joker IMO. Would love to see them actually do justice to the comics in film for once. Batman Returns with Hamill as an older Joker would be awesome if you could trust the studios not to make a clusterf**k of it. If you don't think he's got the acting chops, watch Sushi Girl for Hamill in deranged, creepy as f**k mode (not a film for the squeamish BTW).

Ledger was very, very good. But like Nicholson, he dominated the film. To the point that The Dark Knight is essentially Die Hard with the Joker. I don't even count it as a Batman film as he was such a secondary character to the action set pieces and Ledgers scene chewery.

Jack was just in mad Jack mode. Couldn't separate Nicholson from the Joker there. Again, huge scene chewing, but at least that one had some Batman action in it... Should have been a better film that really as I really liked Keaton as Wayne/Batman also (we actually got some character, which is a change in a Batman film).

Romero was the original we all remember from the show when we were kids. Campy as f**k and fun, which fits perfectly with Adam West's completely batshit (pun intended) Batman.

Basically Hamill is the Joker as far as I'm concerned.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

lars

Mark Hamill gets the vote. I think he learned that deranged sense of humor from being in Corvette Summer.