News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Friendly Bands

Started by Smeero, July 10, 2011, 03:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike @ Rawkworks

Lol, I was in the same music department as bonerama. Saw their "first" performance at recital hour. Far out
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

petesz

Quote from: blkmagik98 on September 11, 2011, 12:45:57 AM
Baroness....vids are easy enough to find, so I won't post any links. I saw them twice here in Holland last year and got to talk to John Baizley (singer, guitar) about his pedal board. He is a gear junkie and said that he has over 400 pedals (!) at home.

I am currently obsessed with this band, and came here to post one of their vids. They rule so hard. Baizley is amazing.

You really need to listen to the whole blue album all the way from start to finish for the full effect..

billtwof

Oceansize are utterly amazing, real shame they split this year.
Mike the singer now plays second guitar with Biffy Clyro, while the rest of them all have there own side projects including the rancid yet excellent 'Kong' including Mark and Steve H, drummer and bassist respectivley.

I've seen them about 15 times!

Not a huge geek as such i had the privilage of playing with them.......
Though i am a bit of a Sizegeek!

Anyway, im new on here and intend to delve into the world of pedal making.
nice to meet you all!
;)

Smeero

Smeero

greyscales

I had to stop myself here.
1. Sleepy Sun - Saw them open for Arctic Monkeys last year. Blew my mind. I still want to figure out what pedals the vocalists used to get some of their effects.

2. The Horrors - Guitarist builds some of his own effects, and uses a slew of others. His board is a mess.

3. Miles Kane - His other band, The Rascals, was excellent as well. He loves his fuzz, overdrive, and delay pedals. As do we all.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Yes I love Sleepy Sun!! That's rad you've seen them!!
Here's a great old group using a ton of effects!! Look at all the gear!

I've been kinda stuck in krautrock world!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

petesz

Hey Magic, i reckon you would be into these dudes:

Kinda like 70's revival but so good! And i know its not real pedal heavy but theres some cool amp tones anyway ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Yea Graveyard is a good band, I liked their S/T album a bunch. I haven't got much a chance to listen to their new stuff but it sounds very professional and produced from the snippets I've heard. The new cover trips me out!
My buddies are going on tour w/ Fu Manchu next month. You gotta go if they're in your town!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Smeero

Smeero

nzCdog

That senators stuff is crazy! Compelling to listen to, thanks for sharing :)

Smeero

crashguitar

Boy, I think I could really spin this off on a tangent. I am trying to resist, so I will just post a band that I think fits the definition. Minus the Bear is pretty cool and the guitarist uses several pedals and does a lot with looping in the band. If you watch the video, you can see him stepping on several Line6 DL4's.

Also, since I use pedals, does my band count?

Chad

petesz

Portugal. The Man and Minus the Bear rule!