News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Programmable Bypass looper

Started by wolfingsworth, March 23, 2016, 08:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfingsworth

Hey guys, been a while since I've been here, but I'm glad to see the forum is as awesome as ever! I have been really interested in the Epic Looper from TH Customs/JMK but today I saw that BYOC has their own 8 channel looper! Does anyone have any experience with either one? Building/sourcing parts/operation/cost, I would love to hear some feedback from someone wiser than myself (not hard to do 😄)

rumbletone

I built the BYOC and use it on one of my gigging boards. Works as advertised. The final assembly with the LEDs was a bit 'ship in a bottle' - it's a very tight fit - but otherwise the build was straightforward, and it functions great.

I haven't built the Epic looper, mainly because I'm waiting for the new TH Custom modular looper project, though not sure when it will be ready. 

slacker775

I've built the epic looper and it works great.  The modular looper project looks really cool, though after having built a few loopers already, I'm not sure I can muster up the energy to do all that wiring again!

blearyeyes

I'm also looking. Seems like the modular one would be perfect. Been a few years since Thomas posted he received the beta boards. Hmm. Where would one find any info regarding progress if any?

wolfingsworth

Ok, I just did a little research on Thomas' PControl module looper project and my head asplode! I really really want this project to be released soon!

Marshall Arts

Wow, the modular looper looks really cool! A while back, I needed a looper that would provide amp switching, would be programmable and also provided direct access to individual loops. I came up with this:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=112106.0

wolfingsworth

Wow Mfunky, that looper is legit, good job! Did you ever get that one loop fixed?

Marshall Arts

Thanks - yes, the loop had a bad solder joint, this thing is the working horse on my pedalboard ;-)

rumbletone

Quote from: blearyeyes on March 24, 2016, 02:21:21 AM
I'm also looking. Seems like the modular one would be perfect. Been a few years since Thomas posted he received the beta boards. Hmm. Where would one find any info regarding progress if any?
March 21 update:

http://diy.thcustom.com/pcontrol-modular-part3/