News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Son of Nasal Cavity (sample & hold) with bonus function generator

Started by diablochris6, March 19, 2016, 05:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I built up a version of the sample and hold section of the Maestro FSH1. I included a dry blend and an additional switching jack to add another type of noise instead of the white noise transistor in the original circuit. The function generator adds more stability in the bleep-bloop sounds this pedal makes. It is based off of the 9v generator found on a Make magazine article. I added another white noise generator, but it doesn't seem to do much. As for the enclosure decoration, I always tell myself not to attempt an etch due to unimpressive results on other builds, but then I try anyway and end up being a little disappointed again. The grungy etch kind of fits the grim content in a B-grade monster movie kind of way. I found a medical diagram of a man with his face sliced off to show the nasal cavities, and I added LED on the eye socket because LED eyes add mojo. I tried an old trick of filling the etch with melted crayon to add a splash of color (none of my children's crayons were harmed; I swiped the ones your kids get and forget about at a restaurant).

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

marmora

Martan

Nice job, Chris! Would love to hear it (and build it :))

You biology guys should leave the etching to us chemistry nerds ;D

Actually, my one enclosure etch was a disaster. Keep at it and you'll gett great results eventually. I think most of my problem is the ink transfer step.

Marty

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

diablochris6

Quote from: Martan on March 19, 2016, 05:30:43 PM

You biology guys should leave the etching to us chemistry nerds ;D

Oh, you chemists. You think you have all the solutions!

I took enough chemistry to know that I can't trust atoms; they make up everything.

As far as building this, I have a prototype board for each with a couple of errors on it, but I might try to order a batch of these if there is enough interest.

lincolnic

Martan

gül

Jebus

Awesome! Have you done any demo with the sample and hold with the blend? Would be interesting to hear the result. :)

diablochris6

The only demo I have at the moment is of an older version without the blend, but I should be able to make a demo of the newest edition sometime soon to show off a little.

diablochris6

Quote from: Jebus on March 21, 2016, 07:11:24 PM
Awesome! Have you done any demo with the sample and hold with the blend? Would be interesting to hear the result. :)

Here is a little video showing the blend knob in action.

Martan

Soup39

alparent

I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.