News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Distortion for bass

Started by GCUZakalwe, March 13, 2016, 02:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCUZakalwe

This may have come up somewhere here before but I was wondering which Madbean distortion project would work well for a bass.  I'm thinking of building a pedal board for my bass with just a few effects.

brucer

Hard to beat the Slow Loris (Rat).  Very versatile.

selfdestroyer

I always loved the RAT and a Tubescreamer on bass for some nice grit and Russian Big Muff for the fuzzys.

Runt, Green Bean and Mudbunny..

Build them all!

Cody

jimilee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 13, 2016, 09:25:42 AM
I always loved the RAT and a Tubescreamer on bass for some nice grit and Russian Big Muff for the fuzzys.

Runt, Green Bean and Mudbunny..

Build them all!

Cody
Russian big muff is awesome. I found the tube screamer to be a bit thin as is. I love the big bass overdrive that JMK has, or the BYOC bass overdrive. They sell PCBs separately in some of their projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

I second the rat. I used to have one of those ToneLock (?) Tubescreamers and it was great on bass. I'm not sure how different it was from any other screamer though.

matmosphere

Also, If you check in the group buy section someone was selling boards for a bass over drive recently.

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 13, 2016, 03:16:31 PM
I second the rat. I used to have one of those ToneLock (?) Tubescreamers and it was great on bass. I'm not sure how different it was from any other screamer though.
I should have prefaced  my answer with, of course, it's all subjective as far as your personal preference to your sound, but yeah, the tube screamer does scream in bass also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

The wolfshirt also sounds great on bass.

solderfumes

Whichever way you go, wiring up a blend control somehow (maybe a simple buffer on a little piece of perfboard to go before the circuit and split the signal?) would be a great thing for a bass version of any of those pedals, I think.