News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

That feeling....

Started by madbean, March 13, 2016, 01:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

That feeling you get when you realize what you forgot to order from Mouser when your package just arrived, and you realize you're going to have to look through a huge pile of old boards to find the part you need and de-solder it. I guess if this is the worst thing that happens in my day I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

And now, this.

jimilee

That feeling you get when you troubleshoot a board for 3 hours only to realize the only thing wrong is you need to solder the LED in to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

I'll counter with that feeling when you realise that you're short an LDR that you only can source from Steve at Smallbear...

... for $30 or $40 shipping, minimum...

and you then realise you can cannibalize from an old on-the-shelf build.

WIN!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chuckbuick

Quote from: madbean on March 13, 2016, 01:18:47 AM
That feeling you get when you realize what you forgot to order from Mouser when your package just arrived, and you realize you're going to have to look through a huge pile of old boards to find the part you need and de-solder it.
I know that feeling too well.  But I had the opposite this week.  That feeling Mouser gets when I ordered parts and a day after they ship Mouser informs me they forgot something and are sending it to me UPS 2Day.  It was 10 1M resistors.  Gotta love Mouser.

davent

Worse is the feeling you get opening the Mouser order and remember what the parts were for that  you deleted from your  cart just before placing  the order. My carts build over a period of months so, Tag the parts when you put them in the cart... fool!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

nzCdog

that feeling when you have spent a half hour pulling it apart, and reach for the spare part that isn't there... because you didn't re-order it for yourself last time...  ::) :-[

stecykmi

Quote from: davent on March 13, 2016, 07:35:22 PM
Worse is the feeling you get opening the Mouser order and remember what the parts were for that  you deleted from your  cart just before placing  the order. My carts build over a period of months so, Tag the parts when you put them in the cart... fool!
dave

i have this problem too. only problem is the tag seems to carry over from order to order.

matmosphere

Quote from: nzCdog on March 13, 2016, 09:15:18 PM
that feeling when you have spent a half hour pulling it apart, and reach for the spare part that isn't there... because you didn't re-order it for yourself last time...  ::) :-[

What on earth was that to begin with?

nzCdog

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 14, 2016, 01:41:47 AM
What on earth was that to begin with?
It's a Grade Construction Laser.  The Pentamount ass'y (black thing with the prism on it that spins) had separated from it's magnetic base.  Bit of a sod to get apart unfortunately, and had to all go back together again while the parts were on order :)