News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking- first waterslide under powder coat attempt

Started by bscur, March 12, 2016, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bscur

I have been looking forward to this build for a while. I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. In the end, I can see why so many people like it as a boost. It reminds me of the Menatone Howies I've owned in that once I got used to the sound of them on, I never wanted to turn them off. They sort of honey coated my sound, especially the strats. I made mine buffered bypass, but I might change it. A few other pedals (such as my Tone Bender) sound brittle through the buffered signal. Overall, great fun. I powder coated this, then applied a laser waterslide decal and then clear powdered. Next time, I'll make sure the decal fits the entire top. The outline is more noticeable than I'd expected. The laser paper is great, though. I tried inkjet paper before and it just turned dark brown.

Orbis_Ignis

That looks great!!! I still haven't built mine yet. I built the GGG Klone but I need to build the Sunking. Where did you get your paper from? I have a powder coating setup but I etched it first them powder coated. I think your slide came out a lot cleaner than mine, lol

jimilee

Excellent. I think I'd like to build mine with a switchable bypass for TB or Buffered...hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

v00d00blues79

Very nice!  Love how it turned out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bscur

Hi, thanks. I bought the paper off of ebay: Clear Waterslide Laser Decal Transfer Paper 8.5 x 11, 20 sheets . There was a picture of a cat on their product image.

bcalla

Looks great!  It can be a challenge to hide the edges of your decals.