News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Add reverb and channel switch to a Marshall Jubilee

Started by Marshall Arts, March 12, 2016, 07:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Most people will say, that this amp (a Marshall Jubilee 25/50) is perfect as it is, but I always missed a couple of things:

- A reverb (footswitchable, with LED)
- A footswitch for the channel with LED

So, I filled a 1590B with two relays, a 1776 Rub-A-Dub-Reverb and upcycled an old footswitch (had that with my first ENGL-Amp, more than 25 yrs ago ;-)). It works fantastic, not the most fancy thing I built, but probably the most useful. The footswitch requires no batteries and is connected with a standard TRS stereo 1/4" cable. With no footswitch attached, I can switch the reverb on/off with the little switch on the enclosure and I can change the channel as usual with the push/pull pot the amp came with.

I will add a slave power outlet in the rear of the amp, so it switches on automatically when I switch on the amp.

jimilee

That's really badass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Orbis_Ignis

That's awesome man! I want a silver jubilee so bad. I'm a major Slash fanboi, lol. I wonder how good the reissues are?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Orbis_Ignis on March 12, 2016, 09:35:01 PM
That's awesome man! I want a silver jubilee so bad. I'm a major Slash fanboi, lol. I wonder how good the reissues are?

I've heard nothing but good things about the 2555x. A pity they haven't reissued the combo 2554 with 25/50 Watts so far (I do living room to small jams, a 4x12" and a top are a bit too much for that). For a smaller budget, try this:

http://www.alexanderpedals.com/shop/jubilee-silver-overdrive

Sounds pretty spot on, at least on youtube.

Lubdar

(--c^.^)--c

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Lubdar on March 14, 2016, 11:49:19 AM
nice diagram :)

Well... thanks. I was too lazy to draw it in EAGLE, sometimes FRITZING or DIY Layout Creator are just good enough ;-)

Marshall Arts

Finally, I found the time to put this in my amp. Master/slave AC switches the verb on and off with the amp.