News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard + AC Tone

Started by chip46, July 08, 2011, 03:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chip46

So this all started as a crazy idea to combine a Carl Martin PlexiTone and AC Tone into one enclosure. Took some time but I finally found this Hammond that fit the bill. Got a buddy of mine on another forum to etch the AC board. Not much to it really, just your standard 2n1 pedal, but with a lot more switches, knobs, and wires!

I also added a 3PDT toggle to the back panel that switches the order of the two pedals in case I ever want to mess around with stacking them. The Plexi is on top (white LED's), and the AC on bottom (blue LED's). Sorry but no gut pics, as I'm usually a stickler for neat wiring and this does not meet my standards by any means  :D I'll go back at some point and straighten it all up and post pics then. Enjoy!

raulduke

Thats insane  ;D

Good work mate!

What Hammond enclosure is that out of curiosity? Looks a good size for a multi pedal.

jimmybjj

Looks great, lets see some gut shots  :D
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

chip46

Thanks guys. Here's a link to the Hammond, it's a 15 degree slope enclosure, aluminum top slope and back, steel base.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg16Steel.htm

cjkbug

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

chip46

I'll post one at some point. I explained why in my originial post.  :D

gtr2

Quote from: cjkbug on July 08, 2011, 01:19:17 PM
no gutshot?

Without one its just a fancy box with knobs... just kiddin  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

TheCobbenator

First off badaaaass!

Second off whoa whoa whoa. Back up. I want an AC tone clone! Is it just some different stuff on the plexitone board or... I would gladly pay for an AC board! Deetails!?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Ooh that box looks like fun! Even though you say its a standard 2-in-1 it looks like soo much more. Definitely wanna see the guts shots!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

Quote from: chip46 on July 08, 2011, 02:20:21 PM
I'll post one at some point. I explained why in my originial post.  :D
must have missed that. my boneyard was messy in the guts department as well.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

chip46

Quote from: TheCobbenator on July 09, 2011, 06:09:32 AM
First off badaaaass!

Second off whoa whoa whoa. Back up. I want an AC tone clone! Is it just some different stuff on the plexitone board or... I would gladly pay for an AC board! Deetails!?

There are schematics and layouts online if you know where to look. The usual places will have them. I'm about to get grab some lunch with the girlfriend or I'd post it. I had a friend on another forum etch the board for me.

It's very very similar layout and schematic to the Plexi though, in fact you might be able to just use the Boneyard board. The biggest difference is the use of trannies for the clipping instead of LED's, but the drain and source are tied together so it's still acting like a diode.

Thanks for the replies guys, I promise I'll get gut shots up at some point, but I can't take the pedal apart to redo any of the wires since I've got a slew of gigs coming up. I might try and paint it sometime next week though.

jball85

chip46