18 (43.9%)
No, because don't want.
3 (7.3%)
Maybe, but I prefer new projects first.
20 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: July 12, 2011, 04:29:32 PM

TheCobbenator

I say maybe because it is intriguing and may pull in customers (my first build was the grapevine, still my favorite)  but I don't think the demand would really ever be satisfied.

Unrelated-- Brian! if I come to Nashville, can I come hang out? Because I just crossed the state line heading your way

Only kidding

But seriously...

chip46

I wouldn't mind getting one or two more just to make for friends, but I'd rather see more time spent on the original designs.

I think a good compromise would be to get the etching tutorial up and going, so that people who wanted to get into etching could just etch themselves a Sunking. At the same time, maybe do one more batch to get some new customers into the doors and potentially become repeat customers, and also for those who would rather pass on etching their own.

My 2 cents

raulduke

I think that the Sunking is a project that isn't very beginner friendly (all the odd values and high parts count etc.)

Therefore if you reinstate it I think there may be more interest from people looking to make clones and sell them on than there would be from new people to the site looking to make their own version for personal use. Plus didn't you get rid of it because you were getting some heat about selling the board? I wouldn't want to put you in an uncomfortable position again.

I'm more excited by your original projects and the general course that the projects seem to be taking anyway. My favourite builds so far have been the Rump Roast and Double Flush (although the Faultline is a mighty fine circuit :) )

Dixie_Crap

I would quiet like one to see what all the fuss is about, but I fear i'd be in over my head with it, still being a n00b.

The new projects have me more excited though, especially with the video clips.

I do agree that keeping it around will get new customers in the door, it was a clone (Zombi) that first introduced me to madbeanpedals.com But if there is pressure from the original manufacturer, I'd say it's not worth your time in hassle when you could put it to better use inventing your own cool original pedals. 

Just my £0.0125295, at current exchange rate.

Phil

jimmybjj

Quote from: raulduke on July 08, 2011, 09:00:08 AM
I think that the Sunking is a project that isn't very beginner friendly (all the odd values and high parts count etc.)

Therefore if you reinstate it I think there may be more interest from people looking to make clones and sell them on than there would be from new people to the site looking to make their own version for personal use. Plus didn't you get rid of it because you were getting some heat about selling the board? I wouldn't want to put you in an uncomfortable position again.

I'm more excited by your original projects and the general course that the projects seem to be taking anyway. My favourite builds so far have been the Rump Roast and Double Flush (although the Faultline is a mighty fine circuit :) )

+1
Pcbs no longer available

madbean

Just to clarify, it was not discontinued due to any outside pressure at all. I simply chose to include in the group I discontinued because of other factors.

Another possibility is an alternate, streamlined version. I've kicked that around for quite some time...actually, it's mostly built. I kinda doubt that many would be interested in that when they could just build the real deal.

Point being, I am neither for or against offering some more of them as a one time final fling. The decision to discontinue it was made after the last batch had been ordered. Had I known at the time, I would have gotten some more.

Anyway, lots to think on here. Thanks for the feedback. :)

NormalChannel

Had every intention of ordering one...
Got up... made some coffee...
Went to the computer...

Sold out.

Me =  :'(

One more for the road, please?
31.69 nHz = once a year

vinnie

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 08, 2011, 12:04:57 PM
Quote from: raulduke on July 08, 2011, 09:00:08 AM

+1

+2

Myramyd

I think you should reinstate it but impose a limit to how many someone can order at once. That way you give legit people an opportunity to buy them but make it more difficult for those who are trying to make a profit on them.

It's counter-capitalist but anti-junkbag policy.

J

Comfort Player

Being somewhat of a NOOB, I never had a chance to build one before they were gone.  I thought they wee to complex and thought I would wait until my skills were up to par before tackling the build.

Then they were gone....  My own fault I guess, but still would like to give one a go.
Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

juansolo

Quote from: k.rock! on July 07, 2011, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: gtr2 on July 07, 2011, 06:05:09 PM
I'm much more interested in the new projects.  Although, I would think that the sunking attracts new DIYer's which could turn into long term customers...

Josh

I feel exactly the same way as Josh. I am completely all for original projects but I think this circuit is somewhat of a special case. It's always on high demand and like Magic said, it's an awesome project to work specially when it can be built at a much much more affordable price.

I'm sorry to be repetitive haha But I do agree with the comments. So, my vote is for re-instating the Sunking (not just one batch :))

-Kaleb

^ This

It's what brought me here when a friend wanted one and I wanted to make it neat (so not on vero). I've made a few of these for myself and friends since. It's just such a good pedal.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Jargo

I also experienced the downer...also got up, had the tea, went to the computer and it was sold out! bummer!

please do it once more!

redbean

An additional vote to bring back the Sunking (I'd like to build a bass friendly one, and experiment), but right now I am more interested in new Madbean projects like the Dirtbag delay?  ;D
es là-bas!!

LudfisterSound

I'd like to see this one come back eventually. I designed two enclosures for it but only ever ordered one board when the new manufactured ones first came out and missed the sale like a lot of other people.  I don't see how order limits would bother most DIYers. I can't imagine ever ordering more than 2 or 3 of the same board at a time, and only then if I have some experiment planned. Priority should be given to the new products though... still waiting for the Weener Wah, forever.

Jamiroking

I missed out on the sale but ended up getting a spare on the forum from another graciously generous user. I originally thought you discontinued it for outside pressure but now that I learn its discontinued I don't think it would be that bad to keep it around. I have a feeling that you're not going to feed the masses with a "one last shot" stock. No matter when you cut if off, there's going to be people that just miss it and will be begging for mercy (I know, I was one of them).

I'm also interested in your new projects but I admit, it was the krankasaurus that first got me in the door and the reason I chose your site for my first project over the others that make their own original effects. I think new projects are great for everyone already in the club but I think the main reason we're so interested in them is the excellent quality and service we all experienced when we built your clones. (I bought a Q-vibe before there was even documentation, thinking it was a univibe type pedal when I bought it so I'm probably in for a surprise when I build it but I know it will still be great haha.)