News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Harbinger One - a whale of a sound!

Started by mshuptar, February 26, 2016, 02:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshuptar

Hi everybody,

I finished building this well over a year ago, but I felt lame just posting a plain blue box. My sister (who is a better drawer than me) did the sketch of the whale a few weeks ago. I absolutely love the sound of this pedal. That huge, rich, thick, swirly chorus sound is awesome! (Waaaaay better than some of those Univibe clones that are just phasers with different cap values.) I usually add some fuzz before this for that extra 'thump.' It sounds so cool!

I fell in love with the sound of the Univibe long before I started playing guitar. I remember hearing the Jimi Hendrix "Band of Gypsys" album and being entranced by the liquidy guitar sound on "Machine Gun." Nothing really sounds quite it. (Of course, as my hand-written warning states, the sound is there, but my actual guitar skills are no match for those of Hendrix.)

jtaormina

I too never posted my harbinger because it's just plain purple powder coat. Good job, looks nice.

Martan

Looks great! I need to build one of these.

jimilee

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

mshuptar

29palms

very cool art, after seeing this and Jimilee's I might have to try the paint pens myself...

Lubdar

(--c^.^)--c

Mojo Fandangle

Nice work. The hidden disclaimer is a nice touch
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally