News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Gear Thread

Started by raulduke, February 22, 2016, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Your practice room is a thing of beauty.

Picked up one of these for not much £ to record my modular synth noodling (finally got it all hooked up):

Really small and handy. Just switch it on, set your level, hit record and off you go. I'm going to take it everywhere with me to record ideas on the fly. So many times I come up with something on guitar, then can't for the life of me remember it the next day ;D

I don't know why I didn't get something like this sooner. It's really useful.

nzCdog

Quote from: raulduke on March 07, 2016, 12:54:47 PM
Picked up one of these for not much £ to record my modular synth noodling (finally got it all hooked up):

Really small and handy. Just switch it on, set your level, hit record and off you go. I'm going to take it everywhere with me to record ideas on the fly. So many times I come up with something on guitar, then can't for the life of me remember it the next day ;D

I don't know why I didn't get something like this sooner. It's really useful.
That's cool!  Bet it sounds great too, gotta be better than my cellular phone demos.  I was looking at soething similar a few years ago for recording gigs. :)

I've got one of these in the post... Looking forward to a decent toe-dip into the brave new world of IR cabinets

raulduke

That looks cool.

What do you plug into it?

I assume you need an amp with a line level output?

My Guitar rig software uses convolution and it can sound great.

nzCdog

Yes, line level input. I'm making a loadbox for my amplifier head, and this will mean silent recording or practicing with headphones... :)

daleykd

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 26, 2016, 03:43:22 AM
My TC Electronics Ditto X4 came in today. So excited to get this mounted on my board. I am going to redo my whole board to get the MIDI on the X4 to synch with my Strymon stuff. Gives me an excuses to setup my board again from scratch.

This thing is packed with cool features.

I expect a demo video of this stuff with MIDI.  I've never touched MIDI before, and don't know the first thing about Strymon stuff or awesome looping.  (I DO know I want an El Capistan.)

daleykd

Quote from: Dminner on March 04, 2016, 10:00:46 PM
I bought an electronic drum set about three weeks back and just finished setting it up yesterday :)

I found a nice set and a nice price on CL...but they needed some work...

While they worked fine, some of the drums had less sensitivity and when cleaning them up I noticed that the trigger cones had seen better days, so I ordered some new ones and replaced them:

After a snare and some cymbal upgrades which the expansion kit on the brain allowed for it is now done and awesome.  All the issues forced me to learn a lot AND I scored on the cymbals because I got four expensive cymbals for the price of one! I scored and got all of the Cy cymbals in a "broken" lot on ebay and only one actually needed anything (the choke repair, which was super easy). The power of DIY :)

I love them and feel like in the future I want to do an acoustic to electronic conversion for fun, based on my new found knowledge :)

Which head unit are you using?  I was trying to find a way to upgrade the cymbals on our church's system so we can choke, but the head needed an upgrade (plus the cymbals themselves).