News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall - Resistor questions

Started by peAk, February 20, 2016, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

So as I start plucking in these resistors I realize there are a few that I don't have. I know that the original probably used carbon 5% but I still want to make sure I don't need these precise values

33K2 -33K okay?
24k3 -24K okay?

I think any of the others I can just  combined/tepee what I need.

I feel silly asking this because I am sure that the substituted values are fine but I just was curious since there were 33K AND 33K2, as well as 24K AND 24K3 on the BOM.

Scruffie

You are, they do set the Q of the filters but I suspect in the original DMM they were chosen as obscure values to ensure 1% resistors were used at the time when 5-10% was standard.
Works at Lectric-FX

peAk

Quote from: Scruffie on February 20, 2016, 10:50:59 PM
You are, they do set the Q of the filters but I suspect in the original DMM they were chosen as obscure values to ensure 1% resistors were used at the time when 5-10% was standard.

Sorry, so you are saying that's fine to substitute with the values I am showing or should I get the correct values?

Scruffie

Sorry, I must have been replying to another message and got confused when I said you are :o Yes I think that's fine and then the prior explanation.
Works at Lectric-FX

peAk

jball85

You could go with those resistors. I would go the extra step and measure them with a digital multimeter until you find the closest value to the resistors you mentioned. You might find a few 33k that measure on 33k2. Same with the 24k3's just measure some 24k's.

peAk

Quote from: jball85 on February 23, 2016, 12:08:30 AM
You could go with those resistors. I would go the extra step and measure them with a digital multimeter until you find the closest value to the resistors you mentioned. You might find a few 33k that measure on 33k2. Same with the 24k3's just measure some 24k's.

What I ended up doing was just combining two resistors to get the exact value. I know it wasn't probably needed but when I go to dial this thing in, I don't want to have trouble and then second-guessing myself on it. I am sure I totally didn't need to do this but I did it anyway since I had the extra values to do it.